Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24545

Subject: "RE: inspiring the youth to action" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
colourboy
Member since May 01st 2003
88 posts
Sun May-28-00 08:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "RE: inspiring the youth to action"
In response to In response to 0

First let me say that I like the fact that we have people that do care and not trying to put the future down. I personally thank you. But to answer the question can be answered in so many ways than one its hard to know where we should start to help. But from where I'm starting I'm taking as music is the key to build us back on the map to take action. I know its hard when the mainstream is always noticed and their message is always taken to heed. But a way to get around it is to stand up and say this ain't real and I have something new for you to listen to. So many young people want to be apart of this music thing its ridculious but also beautiful. And for as mcees,dj's,b-boys,producers,a&r's,or whom ever that has the chance to educate them on to put out what is in there heart and not what sells or gets money. Doing that only tells them how to get over and everything comes fast and easy. Just teach. Thats all we really need is people to really take the time to teach and listen. And I think through music is the ultimate way. We are not going to join in on marches, protest, make speeches in Washington, because thats not us and we know today that doesn't work. We have come with new ways to get our word out but no one wants to listen. So when you just go ask questions and just listen you will know the answer and stop tryin' to give an answer or telling someone how to do it.

Everywhere, colourboy

P.S I am 17 years old and I thank you for listening.

"the king is back..."

Printer-friendly copy

inspiring the youth to action [View all] , unity, Tue May-16-00 11:14 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: inspiring the youth to action
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
May 17th 2000
inspiring you to action... (yes, you...)
archangel_500years
May 17th 2000
UP!!
archangel_500years
May 25th 2000
RaShaunda
May 17th 2000
WORK ON SELF FIRST....
May 19th 2000
      RE: WORK ON SELF FIRST....
May 19th 2000