Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24528

Subject: "RE: Define Sisterhood" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
brzlngrl
Charter member
137 posts
Wed May-31-00 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "RE: Define Sisterhood"
In response to In response to 13

one mo'gin...(lol) i got you!!

sisterhood, to me, is my knowledge of self and what i am capable of...my beauty..as a person...a Black woman...to encourage and help other sistas find theirs..to form a bond, be it biologically sisters, or friends...where you can turn to each other...trust each other..learn and teach each other..defend and protect each other..cry together...fight together...bleed together (a little extreme)...provide a level of comfort that can not be reciprocated with that of a male-female friendship because of difference in experiences...to give..and not be selfish..understanding...a deep bond...that in a sense is more than the average friendship..where petty misunderstandings do not threaten the relationship as a whole....and when you know it is time to be there...and when it is not...to push each other..to be each own's person....when i think of more, i will list...

i e-mailed you...and i have another question for you...are you of direct African descent?

tchau..amor y paz..

"revolution is not only won by numbers, but by visionaries, and if artists aren;t visionaries, then we have no business doing what we do."
cherrie moraga

visit..http://www.blumagazine.net

"passion is not friendly. it is arrogant, superbly contemptous of all that is not itself, and, as the very definition of passion implies the impulse to freedom, it has a mighty intimidating power. it contains a challenge. it contains an unspeakable hope." james baldwin

Printer-friendly copy

African women (our struggle and victory) [View all] , Nubia, Sun May-28-00 04:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: African women (our struggle and victory)
May 28th 2000
peace sis
May 29th 2000
      RE: peace sis
caramel deluxe
May 29th 2000
May 29th 2000
           jumpin outah my fuckin skin over here
May 29th 2000
May 29th 2000
definition of a woman
May 29th 2000
RE: definition of a woman
May 30th 2000
May 30th 2000
May 30th 2000
mzilakazi
May 30th 2000
           I understand your frustration
May 30th 2000
Define Sisterhood
May 31st 2000
      yup
May 31st 2000
RE: African women (our struggle and victory)
RudeGirl/Virgo
Jun 03rd 2000

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24528 Previous topic | Next topic