Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24528

Subject: "RE: African women (our struggle and victory)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
beautifulpeace
Charter member
2363 posts
Sun May-28-00 08:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: African women (our struggle and victory)"
In response to In response to 0

Yeah girl, I know exactly what you mean. It's sad as hell when you look around and all you see are vengeful competitive women, women only looking for the cutest men with the best bodies with no sense of self empowerment or desire to be next to God on their minds. Although i see all this, I still can't solely point the finger. I too can be jealous when I see young attractive men and the women they look at are the ones with the tight pants and the cleavage hanging out. So man, how can I continually love my sister when all they talk about is men and what man they're going home with tonight? I fight not to be judgemental but it's really hard though when you see women wasting their lives on "finding them a nigga" (Have you heard foxy brown's excerpt on "Thong Song"---horrible). It's sad to say that black women are not seen as intelligent or worthy because of the way that we present ourselves. In the song's nowadays we're either bitches or hoes (and I'm still bothered by the reference to women as bitches on Com's album too).

What words would I use to define womanhood. I'm not sure but the first thing that comes to mind is Proverbs 31(The wife of noble character). Not trying to be all religious or nothing, but I think that that defines a beautiful, responsible woman to a T. To me a woman is one who is open, not afraid to be vulnerable, but also incredibly strong at the same time. One who is concerned with truth instead of protocols, and has a desire to grow instead of sticking with what's mainstream.

When I think of some more, I'll ya back.

"Seems like everybody's lost their minds/ and I just might be the next one in line" - Amel Larrieux

"Who loves ya baby? Nobody like Jackie-O...cook, clean, break up ya weed, and I give ya nasty throat"

"When a guy fingers a lady and then smells, licks, sucks the juice off his finger and sighs as if in heaven, she knows this is her lucky day"

Printer-friendly copy

African women (our struggle and victory) [View all] , Nubia, Sun May-28-00 04:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
peace sis
May 29th 2000
      RE: peace sis
caramel deluxe
May 29th 2000
May 29th 2000
           jumpin outah my fuckin skin over here
May 29th 2000
May 29th 2000
definition of a woman
May 29th 2000
RE: definition of a woman
May 30th 2000
May 30th 2000
May 30th 2000
mzilakazi
May 30th 2000
           I understand your frustration
May 30th 2000
Define Sisterhood
May 31st 2000
RE: Define Sisterhood
May 31st 2000
      yup
May 31st 2000
RE: African women (our struggle and victory)
RudeGirl/Virgo
Jun 03rd 2000

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #24528 Previous topic | Next topic