Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23897

Subject: "RE: it's easy to dismiss" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
odu
Member since Jun 02nd 2002
33 posts
Fri Jun-09-00 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "RE: it's easy to dismiss"
In response to In response to 6

Forgive me if I find that to be a somewhat simple-minded rationale. I listed some vile, foul stuff that is CURRENTLY acceptable in some non-white cultures. As we so routinely hear, the slave trade would not have been possible, at least not on the same scale, without the collusion of some Africans against others (though this is another largely misunderstood and misinterpreted part of our history). What I am saying is that there IS an objective scale by which to judge the crimes of white Europeans against humanity, and it far outweighs any of the comparisons being made. Two counts of murder are worse than one. Of course genocide and gross crimes against humanity are not the purvey of one particular race; it is dishonest, however, to then equate the crimes of white Europeans to those of every Johnny Ethnic Group that has its own dirty secrets. Aztec ritual murder or Arawak alleged "cannibalism" or Taino sexism surely is not equal to the wholesale annihilation of all three cultures by invading European nations. Similarly, I'm with you in condemning the horrific sexism that's promoted in the name of Islam (or any other religion--again, what the Trokosi in Ghana went/go through will revolt you), but I'm sure as all hell that its not something I will compare to white supremacy, which has shaped our world for the last 500 years or so.

Rwanda (approximately 800,000 to 1.2 million) is not comparable to the Jewish holocaust, the Pol Pot regime's crimes against its own people, Stalin's "purges", and so on and so on and so on. The genocide in Rwanda, no matter how much the Western intelligensia try to deny it with claims of "tribal" hatred and ethnic rivalry, is directly related to the policies of German and Belgian white supremacists who ruled the countries as colonizers until 1959, when they were kicked the fuck out. Unfortunately, their influence wasn't so prompt in leaving.

Printer-friendly copy

It's not just white people who like to kill [View all] , mke, Thu Jun-08-00 10:52 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Ive seen footage
KoalaLove
Jun 08th 2000
RE: Ive seen footage
Jun 08th 2000
      hold up
KoalaLove
Jun 09th 2000
           RE: hold up
Jun 10th 2000
That mess (honor killing)...