Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23630

Subject: "cars and shoes" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
velodragon

Fri Jul-21-00 12:19 PM

10. "cars and shoes"
In response to In response to 9

>CARS:

I know, I know. I hate used car shopping for that very reason: you never know what you're gonna get. (just like chocolates in boxes, haha! nevermind...)

>CRACKERS:

True, true, I understand that. I wouldn't really recommend fasting though unless you really know what you're doing since that can mess with your body (I'm thinking in the "i gotta lose 5 lbs fast" sense, not the "it's Ramadan, time to fast" sense)

>FARMS:

Country, city, I'm adapted to either. I've found that it can actually be harder to live environmnetally when living in the country because you can so easily take it for granted. Just ask Canadians.

>HUNTER/GATHERERS:

Yeah yeah, the hunters were pretty bad at hunting in our cro-magnon days, but they tried their best, and isn't that all that counts? I'm still gonna eat meat on the daily, though. Also, I have no problem with women bringing home the bacon (or rather, bringing home the carrots in this situation). More time for me to bang rocks together and hope they make a charp edge.

And don't be sorry about Berny, I got paid well. Although it still didn't cover the cost of his food and time spent caring for him. No wonder we had to move to the city, profit margins for small family farms just stopped being able to cut it in the early 90s. Oh well, agriculture is the bane of civilization. We'd all be better off as hunter/gatherers, IMHO.

----------------------------------------
All great truths begin as blasphemies.
--George Bernard Shaw

Printer-friendly copy

resisting capitalism in everyday life [View all] , krewcial, Wed Jul-19-00 11:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
UP!
Jul 20th 2000
RE: resisting capitalism in everyday life
Jul 20th 2000
some more
velodragon
Jul 20th 2000
RE: some more
Jul 20th 2000
even more
velodragon