Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #23127

Subject: "RE: sorta off topic" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Shimmy
Charter member
45923 posts
Tue Aug-01-00 10:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "RE: sorta off topic"
In response to In response to 5

Heheheeee
My daughter would have these things we would call "melt downs"--cos thats exactly what they were...
She would go for a "quiet time" which would often be her blowing her lid so intensely the walls would shake--fer real!I'd be outside the door--holding it shut(cringe), counting to ten, waiting for the storm to subside....that went on for years until she could manage her emotions.When she was in that state--there certainly was no reasoning etc...

Her cousin, who is one month older, would have a "quiet time" and pretty much DIE of embarrassment!!Go figure?

It depends so much on the kid, and how their little brains are wired.We were two extremely mellow parents--who were blessed/challenged with a child who has a huge spark for life. The coping skills are gonna be different.Now, she is older, and has found her balance(thank god!).But I'm divorced!Ha!

Shimmy

If you're happy with nothin', you'll be so very happy with me -----Ben Harper

“Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Printer-friendly copy

raising children: love & respect [View all] , AfricanHerbsman, Tue Aug-01-00 02:18 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Hmmmmm
Aug 01st 2000
respect first!
Aug 01st 2000
much needed words.
Aug 01st 2000
      sorta off topic
Aug 01st 2000
      oh yeah
Aug 01st 2000

i will spank!