Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21835

Subject: "RE: minority leader for today???" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Fri Sep-01-00 02:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
31. "RE: minority leader for today???"
In response to In response to 0

The world is becoming more and more individualistic and original every day, and black people of today are not defined under one thought and one mind as they were in the 50's and 60's. With african americans gaining more freedoms, along with society's acceptance to social liberalism comes the growth of new identities and personalities. Back then, it was easier to look at black people as a collective unit. One black man had the same views and the same focus that another black man had. Now, with the acception of different cultures, religions, and even sexual preferences, I think black people want to be defined more than just black.

Therefore, it's harder to group us into one giant collective ball than it was in the 60's. Sure, we had the non-violent blacks and the militant blacks, but look at how society has evolved the black community now. We have liberal blacks, conservative blacks, gay blacks, rich blacks, poor blacks, Christian blacks, Muslim blacks, Bhuddist blacks, etc. In order for there to be unity there must be some kind of conjunction that we feel is strong enough to look past our differences and unite. I don't see that particular thing right now.

Until that happens, I simply say the best way for us to thrive is to improve ourselves individually, and by virtue make yourself a standard for everyone to follow. The current self-proclaimed "leaders", in which are nothing but civil rights movement parasites, are nothing but jokes and shouldn't be taken seriously. The closest thing I see to a leader in the black community is Colin Powell, however I doubt that Powell has the arrogance of Jackson, Sharpton, and Farrakhan and would think of himself as a black "leader". In fact, I would be disappointed if he did, because he has always given the idea that he is for everyone, and not just black people. I think he would make a great President of the United States, if he'd only ran. Let's hope he is the next secretary of state, regardless of whether Bush or Gore is elected.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship." - Alexander Tyler

"In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to the other." -Voltaire

"The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help." - Thomas Sowell

"Life is insensitive, and the truth can be highly offensive. To hide from either is to hide from the reality of life. Take pride in the fact that I am an equal opportunity offender. You today, someone else tomorrow. You have no constitutional right not to be offended." - Neal Boortz

Some of you still think America's a
democracy. Lemme break it down for
ya...

* Democracy:  Three wolves and a sheep
vote on the dinner menu.
* Democratically Elected Republic: Three
wolves and 2 sheep vote on which sheep's
for dinner. 
* Constitutional Republic: The eating of
mutton is forbidden by law, and the
sheep are armed.

The United States is a CONSTITUTIONAL
REPUBLIC. Not a democracy.

Yes....I am a PROUD Black Libertarian Conservative.

Printer-friendly copy

minority leader for today??? [View all] , sponge, Wed Aug-16-00 11:04 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: minority leader for today???
Aug 17th 2000
RE: minority leader for today???
Aug 17th 2000
Yes, damn good question!
Aug 18th 2000
EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US...
NINJAETTE
Aug 18th 2000
RE: EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US...
Aug 18th 2000
Uhhh hell no...
Aug 21st 2000
Ah-ight, U ain got2
Aug 21st 2000
      Put it like this....
Aug 21st 2000
           U know, Uno....
Aug 22nd 2000
                I hear and feel ya....
Aug 22nd 2000
                My fellow Piscean (unohoo I'm talkin to)
Aug 22nd 2000
                I just realized my last sentence was ...
Aug 22nd 2000
                UNO U R TALKIN'
NINJAETTE
Aug 24th 2000
                RE: U know, Uno....
NINJAETTE
Aug 22nd 2000
                     RE: U know, NU
NINJAETTE
Aug 22nd 2000
                          Uhh that CAPS LOCK button?
Aug 22nd 2000