Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21229

Subject: "RE: Clearing things up..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Shimmy
Charter member
45923 posts
Thu Sep-28-00 06:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "RE: Clearing things up..."
In response to In response to 10

First off--to K.orr--I think most of my points were relating to the concept of turning the tables--and I should have responded to the original post....rather than the "sub-thread" or whatever you call it.
I agree though, that taking back you community, learning your history and defining you own liberation is what its all about.Which is EXACTLY why I don't get the idea of "turning the tables"
If you are talking revolution--well hell, define a new reality, rather than adopting a capitalist, racist, patriarchal, soulsucking system...just with new puppetmasters

"Much love, but that's shit--no offense."--Ha!None taken

D-best--I do agree that true feminist theory promotes equality of the sexes--but you'd be naive to think that many women out there involved in the "struggle" aren't wanting some revenge!!Back in my bad ass politico days I used to fight just to let men be INVITED to some of the actions we put on....these women were missing the point because their anger was clouding the issue.I see the same problem arise in discussions of racism.The anger is soooo legitimate, but what kind of society do you want at the end of the day??

The changes I'm talking about here are not measurable by todays standards.I'm talking about creating a whole new value system, a whole new economy..and it really requires dropping a lot of our current expectations.Requires great mind expansion!But oooooh this is a whole other post really.....

Shim

“Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Printer-friendly copy

how can we create equality without reversal [View all] , d-Best, Mon Sep-25-00 08:45 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
man is not created equal
Sep 25th 2000
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
Marinera
Sep 25th 2000
RE: Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
Sep 25th 2000
RE: Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
dobopwee
Sep 25th 2000
3 rights make a left