Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21200

Subject: "RE: shop owners" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
philiagoddess

Sun Oct-01-00 12:05 PM

1. "RE: shop owners"
In response to In response to 0

k_orr,

If it was me I would have addressed the issue with the shop owner. If the shop owner backed off, it seems like he did, I would have continued to shop. There is nothing wrong with calling people out if their behavior is out of line. Most of the time when you do, they back off because they know they just made an ass out of themselves. If after the incident, you were able to continue to look through the cds without a problem, then the issue was resolved; and the point made. I bet he will think twice before he hassles any other Black folk. Therefore, I don't think you staying was a problem.

k_orr, I'm with you about not trying stuff out, because the majority of folks that do it are white. It's stupid, like White folks can only enjoy opera, rock n roll, harley's, snow boarding, skiing, sea dooing , water-skiing, skate boarding( i did that in elementary school), roller-blading, motocross, bmx bike racing, just to name a few. I don't let skin color determine for me what I can or can not enjoy. It's just stupid. So if you wanna take cooking classes do it, if you wanna learn to snow board do it (cause I do to it looks fun), if you wanna stock car race do that too (I believe there was a Black man who actually raced cars. I know Richard Pryor played in a movie documenting his life).

Don't let stupid things such as skin color keep you from enjoying your life to the fullest. You only have one and everybody else is living their's regardless, so live yours without explanations or regrets.

just my two pennies,

peace in love,
philia

Printer-friendly copy

shop owners [View all] , k_orr, Sun Oct-01-00 06:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: shop owners
Oct 01st 2000
It's a call you have to make...
d-Best
Oct 01st 2000
hit 'em where it hurts...