Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #20635

Subject: "RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Qnbei

Fri Oct-20-00 05:24 PM

7. "RE: Are we enslaving oursleves?????"
In response to In response to 0

Peace,

Okay, I shall start with this. Black Slavery is still physically and mentally in full effect, in Africa, Asia, and many other places around the world. Women are being used as concubines, Men and young Boys are being used as laborers, the whole nine. Much of slavery nowadays stem from economic control. I don’t feel that Original (* Black, Latino, Mulatto, Native Indian, Asian) people are ‘Ignorant, Greedy, nor Selfish’ as a whole, that is a bunch of Bullshit. I dispute that ‘put it in a book’ comment too. To me, the best way to hide something from an Original (* see above relation) person, is to put it deep within himself; make him switch focus, to where as he is not in a condition to discuss his culture with pride and pass it down from child to grandchild. Black people read yo, for real, look around you. It’s not that many refuse to read, it’s the lack of interest that is there to read about the history of themselves, they are living in the present, the here and now (I’ll be there in 5 minutes). We’ve been reading since day one, not only literature, but constellations, human behavior, planet alignment, mathematical equations, etc. Economic Equality does not come from a book. Many of our ancestors didn’t know how to read (A-B-C), but nevertheless they were taking care of families and households, “Masters and Mistresses.” “Slums and Projects” in this record is so stereotypical that it’s sickening. You can teach a monkey all about the human language, however, he will not be able to UNDERSTAND it, unless he is equip with demonstration on how to use it. Foolishness doesn’t offer a key to slavery, I’ll be damn, (who wrote this shit). I won’t even comment on that one.

This is clearly not a representation of Black people around the globe. I personally know many Black people who are investing, diving into entrepreneurialship, making things happen. Sneakers
over Investment is not a good equation. I could go all day in my commentary, however, this here ‘arrangement’ has not been taken through a system of completion. It seems like someone decided
to take the worst part of a people, and inflate the characters and choices of people who are clearly the “products of the environment.” Calling them “Fools.” The ill words of “Slums, Projects, and Run Down homes,” is notably stereotypical of my people, it’s a bunch of shit. I don’t appreciate it.

How did selfishness grow from slavery? Is it a contradicting word? By people wanting to be FREE. Shit, women were reduced to killing their children for fear of extreme abuse by the “whites.” MFs' were leaving their women and children because their backs reflected deep lashes and open sores. Women were standing on auction blocks in chains, willingly selling their physical to the Antebellum Southerners, for hopes of not being a field niggah. WTF??? Selfishness is being confused with Selflessness (no love of who you are, for what you have).

If the point of this is to bring about awareness of separation /unity, this sure won’t aid it. I have to say that I grew up in the “slums,” and I identify with the things being faced in this type of environment. No matter how much I read or invest, there are some things that I am still a slave to; ‘Stress had in one of her posts, something to the effect of, you imprison yourself when you care what others think of you, instead of what you think of yourself. That’s a form of mental slavery (I carried that for a long time), the list can go on.

~ Peace ~

Q

"like if u were a match i wd light u into something beautiful." ~ D.L. ~

I been scarred and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,
Looks like between'em they done
Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin' -
But I don't care!
I'm still here!