Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #18798

Subject: "Economic empowerment" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
vmuhammad

Wed Feb-07-01 05:55 PM

"Economic empowerment"

Peace & Blessings

I've been surveying the boards for a while & this is my first time posting.

For a long time the term "culture" has been used in reference to Hip Hop & our budding nation. Two vital components of a culture are Finance & Health Enhancement. Everyone will agree that we need to take better care of ourselves, and likewise everyone knows we've "gotta get the papers".

In my book health & wealth are two sides of the same coin. But for the purpose of this messasge I want to focus on the wealth side. To take a phrase from the ol' school :

"It's been a long time" & its been time to get "Paid in Full".

The problem with our senario is that The 9 to 5 thing will not lead us to Financial Freedom. (just ain't gon' cut it) The proposed solution is to create "Passive / Residual income" & "Multiple Income Streams". There is a book that I want you to read titled " Rich Dad Poor Dad 'what the rich teach their kids about money that the poor and middle class don't know about'" by Robert Kiyasoki. The title really says it all.
In a nutshell passive / residual income is money & resources working for you instead of you doing 40 hours to receive x amount of dollars. One day I was in a class & the teacher said to me
"You gotta have a hustle for every bill you have to pay". That is the meaning of multiple income streams.

For those of you who like the idea of economic emopwerment for the collective Hip hop community please reply to this message, lets start some dialogue.

For those few individuals who understand that money talks & that other stuff walks & who are ready to take action to Increase Your Income, my e-mail address is vmuhammad@ureach.com . Let's make some good things happen.

Stay up Okay !!!!!

vmuhammad

Printer-friendly copy

Economic empowerment [View all] , vmuhammad, Wed Feb-07-01 05:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
that which...
utamaroho
Feb 07th 2001
RE: that which...
vmuhammad
Feb 08th 2001

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #18798 Previous topic | Next topic