Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #17550

Subject: "great film:" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
emil
Charter member
10566 posts
Tue Mar-06-01 06:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "great film:"
In response to In response to 0

not only just for the reasons described in the original post, but for its ability to convey a variety of ideas applicable in many instances.

with the current rage of travel to exotic locales, specifically adventure travel, this flick should be a required primer for those hoping to embark on such a journey (whoa, long sentence. fuck you!). i've been preparing for a trip for a while now, and this is good in that it basically tells you that cuz you're an american it's no passport to easy times. we can get killed or robbed or go crazy just like the average local in similar situations. lots of times, they can handle it much better than us.

it's also good because it speaks on multiple levels as to the extent of personal suffering and how far one can (and sometimes MUST) go to define themselves and their place in this world. this ain always good, and it can scare the shit outta you, but i think in the end you'll come out a better person for the experience.

viva la travel!!!

i mean...i'm sayin tho.

Printer-friendly copy

The Beach [View all] , Solarus, Mon Mar-05-01 08:27 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Nope.
Mar 05th 2001
Jamaica
jahblessyute
Mar 05th 2001
      WORD!
utamaroho