Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #14054

Subject: "very opinionated" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
elaborate_1

Mon May-21-01 09:41 PM

14. "very opinionated"
In response to In response to 13

m2, very insightful bro. trip shit that i stumble on this forum in between studyin for a econ final. yo'd you get the name from the bank deposit???hahahah. anyway you definitely know your ish, and you seem to have benefitted from a higher education from some place whether university or the library. either way i'm extremely impressed. however where you lost me was w/ the stats. as it was pointed out on one of the posts, stats are good however still very deceiving. what about all the other ethnicities???? the whole issue of inequality always seems to revolve around only the black and white races, however where i live my "color" is definitely outmassed by several other races. i am speakin as a caucasion by the way, and i live in the most beautiful place in the world...Vancouver, BC. our standard of livin is one of the highest in the world if not the highest, and what i'm tryin to figure out is why being a 'white' guy in higher education, i'm automatically stereotyped w/ 'rich white guy' syndrome where my parents have been supporting my ass constantly, or i have some inheritance in the bank or on the way. i did grow up in a predominately white middleclass environment, but in no way has that ever jaded my thinking on other ethnicities. i've been raised to work my ass off in whatever i chose to do, and i'm currently livin off a student loan that to my recollection never asked me my 'color' on the application. i'm not tryin to roast your forum, more than anything i enjoyed reading it, but when i read all the posts i didn't see 'black' people on the other end of the line.....i simply saw intelligent people's insights on an issue that everyone should be paying attention to: education. its the key to success, no matter what shape or form it comes in. the fact is that never did anyone i know even ask me or teach me about post secondary education. i had to find out everything on my own,i'm the first one in a long line of successful individuals that has even went to post sec. ed. and those individuals are successful because they worked their asses of to make it that way. i just wanted to clear that ish up, i hope it's not taken personally. you definitely seem to have a very influential stance on the issues you brought up, and you get full respect for that. but remember this: although the civil rights movement was a fight for equality and was predominately attended by/for african americans, martin luther king jr. did not limit his resources to that of 'only' african americans. it was and still is a fight for equality and the more barriers that we draw upon ourselves the operation of our societies as a 'whole' will never be achieved, and dr.kings' dreams will never be realized. respect where it is due, and that my friend is to you. feel free to lay down some more of that bad-ass econ talk bro. definitely not the econ study break i was lookin for though! even shout my e-mail. piwidimesack@hotmail.com
peace
elaborate

Printer-friendly copy

Black Economics [View all] , M2, Thu May-10-01 05:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Thoughts
May 10th 2001
RE: Thoughts
May 10th 2001
More then Meets the eye
May 11th 2001
RE: More then Meets the eye