Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21058

Subject: "RE: Has Technology Created Full-Democracy?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Shimmy
Charter member
45923 posts
Tue Oct-03-00 05:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "RE: Has Technology Created Full-Democracy?"
In response to In response to 0

I work as an employment counsellor with the big bad 'ole guvment up here in Canada. I deal with people on income assistance, help them with upgrading, career planning, training etc.....
I would say the majority of them--and I'm talking a wide range of age groups--have little to no knowledge of computers.
It could be a lack of access to equipment, lack of training, learning disability...perhaps a variety of reasons?
BUT, there are a lot of people out there who are standing at the side of the "information super hi-way" trying to hitch a ride!(sorry that was bad).
Heck I know people that don't even HAVE a bank card?And these people have bank accounts!They are simply not interested, or are intimidated by technology.

Then again, the world changes so quickly...its probably only a matter of time.

But, if you are talking about doing away with politicians and instigating some sort of computer-based system overthrow--well then
Viva la Revolution!!Count me in.

“Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain

Printer-friendly copy

Has Technology Created Full-Democracy? [View all] , d-Best, Sun Oct-01-00 12:07 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Why would you want that?
Oct 01st 2000
RE: Has Technology Created Full-Democracy?
Oct 02nd 2000
okayplayer..
AfricanHerbsman
Oct 03rd 2000
Interesting issues?
Oct 03rd 2000
      Interesting issues?
AfricanHerbsman
Oct 03rd 2000
           name recognition
Oct 03rd 2000
                RE: name recognition
Oct 03rd 2000
                name recognition
AfricanHerbsman
Oct 04th 2000
RE: Has Technology Created Full-Democracy?
Oct 03rd 2000

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21058 Previous topic | Next topic