Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #15693

Subject: "The Autobio. of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
HomerILLiad404
Charter member
2855 posts
Sat Apr-07-01 07:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Autobio. of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley"

I just got done reading the book and watching the movie. It's on some next shit. It's done something to be that I can't describe. Made me think of things that I never thought of before. I know you've the story a million times about how this book changes everyone's life for the better, but hear it at least one more time. after reading this book and feel like a different person. I see things with a new pait of eyes now. And for someone my age this is a huge thing. I'm glad I read it now at 14 years old. A fresh & young and can straighten everything out now. Also after reading this book I began to get upset. We're in a deep hole. Malcolm took his life for us and I look at us npow and it pisses me off. We have so much more access than we had 40 years ago and look at us. I said in another post athat we're in too deep. It'll take YEARS to get back up. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. If Malcolm saw us now he'd shit bricks! I know we would. If he was still alive all these "musical coons" as someone once called them wouldn't be putting out this garbage brainwashing our people. Before we can bitch at the "white man" we gotta fix the problem within the race. that's how I look at it. I see the problem everyday I walk through the halls of my school and it disgust me. Believe when I say if there's anything I could do to help the cause I would , but I'm just a freshman.

Speaking of school, I've found out that Malcolm X is STILL the most feared by white men today. When people see me with my Molcolm X & Black Panther books in class they begin to feel uneasy around me. Some even are sorta scared of me. No joke. Just yesterday in Art class one of my white friends saw me with the book and asked in a joking way (and a nervous way. I could tell she was partially serious) "Do you like, hate white people!?" I said no. The kids in my World History 9 sometimes call me Malcolm. I even got a referal for rerading it in class. Now if I was reading Dr. Martin Luther King or a Civil Rights book I wouldn't get odd looks of fear or even get it trouble. I asked my brother why Malcom X's birthday isn't a national holiday and he said "They respected King. Them crackers didn't respect Malcom. They feared them. He was a radical."

Well, there you have it. Another soul blessed by Malcolm X. Any other heads that have read this book, speak about how it has changed your life for the better or anything else Malcolm X related.

( o )( o )
DROkayplayer™: "Plant around the March Equinox"-George Carlin

"if a bitch dont look like they are on drugs and squating in an abandon building yet knows all the coolest hollywood bands and goes to choachella... that bitch is no hipster"-M. Ren

Printer-friendly copy

The Autobio. of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley [View all] , HomerILLiad404, Sat Apr-07-01 07:03 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I must admit...
Apr 09th 2001
i'm reading it now
Apr 09th 2001
RE: The Autobio. of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley
vuduchild
Apr 09th 2001
The most important book I ever read
Apr 17th 2001
RE: The Autobio. of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley
Russell