Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18649

Subject: "Is Pippen OVERRATTED???" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Mr Red
Charter member
7241 posts
Mon Apr-09-01 02:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is Pippen OVERRATTED???"

First of all im not trying to say this cat is wack. He is a good role player. Im just kinda tired of hearing that he is one of the greatest to ever pick up the rock. He was on the 50 greatest players EVER team. 50 fuckin greatest players ever?? Gimme a break. Cats seem to get real hostile too whenever i calmly say that Pippen benefited from Jordan. They seem to think that all those championships were something of a 50/50 split between Jordan and Pip. Thats utter bullshit. Would u ever have heard of Luc Longley and freakin Craig Hodges if it wasnt for the fact that Jordan was carrying the team. Pip played his role which was to hit the open j's get a few boards and basically play the sidekick. But what about Pip on his own 2 feet? When Jordan went to baseball everyone thought he was gonna carry the team to another ring. But he didnt even avg over 20 (Peja Stojavic is avg over 20 for the Kings) and im not even sure if the Bulls made it past the 1st round that year. The bottom line is that i question his greatness his heart (remember the headache thing about 5 yrs ago), and i seriously doubt he will ever win a title without MJ. He has a great supporting cast in Portland but they wont win the title. They dont have a leader (pip is a follower; evidenced by his embracing of them dumb ass headbands), and Pip is avg. 10 points a game. Which isnt bad but damn sure aint great. SO IS PIP OVERRATED? whats your opinion
---------------------------------------

Ima tell everybody that when it comes to pool Cowboy likes to cheat!!!!- Tony from Dead Presidents

"Im trying to get in to you not into you" - Shyne

"You can deny the lies but you cant deny the truth" - Khujo- If u scurred

Bit$%es is full of shit, thats why they eyes brown - me

------------------------------
Now lets take a moment to ponder the depth, brilliance, and emotional gravity of Mr Reds above statement.

Printer-friendly copy

Is Pippen OVERRATTED??? [View all] , Mr Red, Mon Apr-09-01 02:32 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Is Pippen OVERRATTED???
JKilla
Apr 09th 2001
Apr 09th 2001
JKilla
Apr 09th 2001