Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18725

Subject: "Wrestlebladia XVII" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Melanism
Charter member
20453 posts
Mon Apr-02-01 05:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Wrestlebladia XVII"
In response to In response to 0

Comments…

Benoit vs, Angle:

I got the impression that Benoit was supposed to break out of the rollover but he was trapped. The ref slowed up on the three count but Benoit couldn’t move. No way it was supposed to end like that. It was wack that the fans weren’t into what amounted to REAL wrestling for a while.

Vince vs. Shane:

C’mon, you know you were hoping somebody ANYBODY from WCW came out to help Shane. The WCW cats didn’t look too happy to be there (I would be pissy too in the nosebleed section). I have to tip my hat to Shane. First that 70 foot fall he took versus Blackmon a couple of months ago then the jump into the Spanish WWF Table and the ringpost-to-ringpost move. He is quite the risk taker.

TLC II:

No disrespect to The Rock or Stone Cold but TLC II should have been the last match. Nothing can top the TLC. When Spyke Dudley caught Edge through the table (face first!)…when Rhyno smashed Matt into the table…when Christian speared Jeff while he was hanging onto the belts (!!)…when Matt and Buh Buh went through the four stacked tables and there was blood all over…I called yet another TLC victory for E&C. They always win because one member of the other two teams is always too hurt to finish.

Gimmick Match:

Damn, Hillybilly Jim is in better shape than the Undertaker!!! Where was Honkytonk Man? Iron Shiek could barely move in those pants. It was fun to reminisce…

Undertaker vs. Triple HHH:

Time for Taker to retire. He is one of the most out of shape looking wrestlers in WWF. But he had a good fight though. Too bad it was after TLC because I almost forgot about it.

Rock vs. Stone Cold:

Wow. What was the point of having The Rock fight out of all those pins if he was still gonna lose? The McMahon angle was kinda expected considering Jim Ross mentioned every three minutes “who made this match no DQ???”. So Stone Cold is a villain? I doubt it. He’ll probably say I did it to get the title than turn on Vince. The Rock took a beating tho. When Austin kept hitting with the chair I couldn’t help but laugh (“Stay the fuck down”)…now Rock can do promotional shit for “The Mummy Returns” and The HBK can go after Austin.

Side notes:
-Why does the Spanish announcers table ALWAYS get fucked up? I feel bad for those guys.
-Worst sign of the night displaying redneck status: “Eddie Guerrero Mows My Lawn”
-Can Jim Ross say “Sonuvabitch” three times fast?
-the blading was a bit much…every time the camera cut away from someone you knew they were cutting themselves. Raven and Matt Hardy were really bleeding tho.

m e l a n i s m

http://www.melanism.com

What??? I deleted your post? Did you read the guidelines?
(http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
***even if you did, get a grip***

Deadly Venom Spitterz-we like acid, we burn yuh!!! uncafukka!!

Quote of the Year:
"nobody i recognize will be there...it's not OUR show."
--steve harvey
(on why he is not going to watch the Academy Awards ceremony)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: if you are reading this then this warning is for you. every word you read off this useless fine print is another second off your life. don't you have other things to do? is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? do you read everything you're supposed to read? do you think everything you're supposed to think? buy what you're told to want? get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove you're alive. if you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. you have been warned.--tyler durden

-------------------
http://twitter.com/Melanism

Printer-friendly copy

Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts [View all] , Ray2000, Mon Apr-02-01 03:38 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
when stone cold
Apr 02nd 2001
yea but still..
Apr 02nd 2001
RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts
Apr 02nd 2001
RE: Wrestlemania 17 Thoughts