Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #18649

Subject: "RE: Setting Shit Straight" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Mr Red
Charter member
7241 posts
Tue Apr-10-01 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "RE: Setting Shit Straight"
In response to In response to 19

Well i never said that Pippen was a loser. I just said he was overatted. I thought the Bulls were eliminated in the 1st round in 93. I was wrong, they made it to the 2nd round in 93 and 94. But they got trampled on in 94 in the 2nd round. My whole argument was that pippen was/is overrated. I feel that if you would have cast any number of GOOD players in Pippens role (ie. Spree, Glenn Rice (in his prime), hell Dirk Nowitzki, they would have still had 6 rings. Im not a big MJ fan but he was a once in a lifetime player who made everyone around him ten times better. He was a natural born leader. I remember tagging Pippen as a crybaby when he refused to go in for that play in the playoffs because the play wasnt designed for him. toni Kukoc took the game winner and Pippen said he had a "headache", thats some Loren Woods shit. But like i said Pip put up some good numbers 17.5 a game in his career, but to say that he was so much better than Big Game James is ignorant. James had more talent around him and still managed to put up very, very similar numbers. He was the consumate self sacrificing player. His D wasnt as good as Pips, but everytime Kareem or Magic missed a key bucket, James was there. Everytime Magic or Kareem was D'd up, James was there to hit the bucket. How many Times has Pip heaved up 4 or 5 threes and missed them badly and hit a big shot at the end and everyone would say ohhh pippen is great!! but shit if he would have hit the open buckets when he had them earlier who knows if the score would have been close or not? bottom line: Pippen is good not great. And he is past is prime, but damn hes the same age as Dikembe and Reggie and they still ballin thats no fuckin excuse
---------------------------------------

Ima tell everybody that when it comes to pool Cowboy likes to cheat!!!!- Tony from Dead Presidents

"Im trying to get in to you not into you" - Shyne

"You can deny the lies but you cant deny the truth" - Khujo- If u scurred

Bit$%es is full of shit, thats why they eyes brown - me

------------------------------
Now lets take a moment to ponder the depth, brilliance, and emotional gravity of Mr Reds above statement.

Printer-friendly copy

Is Pippen OVERRATTED??? [View all] , Mr Red, Mon Apr-09-01 02:32 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Is Pippen OVERRATTED???
JKilla
Apr 09th 2001
Apr 09th 2001
JKilla
Apr 09th 2001