Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #15084

Subject: "YM.SPECIAL EDITION: SIDE DISH" Previous topic | Next topic
blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Sun Jun-12-05 05:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"YM.SPECIAL EDITION: SIDE DISH"
Sun Jun-12-05 05:33 PM by blak_yukon

As a little side dish, I figured why not turn the tables and let a few past YM guests get at the I and I for a little pow wow, y’know? Possibly a part II could be had since I send out the word for this to a few people awhile ago. I don’t know….feel free to add anymore if any of yall give a flying crap,ha...

The perfect mistake: what motivates you as a writer/lyricist/rapper?

Circumstance…life, y’know? I guess there was always a journalist of sorts within me cause even as an emcee. I’m chronicling the day’s events through rhyme for the most part. Rhyming never came to me in the need to battle or anything like that. I’m an artist so the word became another medium for expression, y’know. I use to write just to write; now it only happens if there’s a beat to write to. But definitely how ever I approach a verse, it’ll have stemmed from something I’ve experienced…or what a close friend has experienced. I’ll just jot it down and it’s the little things that make people hone in on what it is they’re hearing.

Morehouse: How would you like to change/expand YM in the future?

As time moves along I definitely want to see what becomes of this. First step was providing some semblance of a layout as opposed to just plain text. I have a little understanding of design and layout…to incorporate that along with more of my personality. That would be a good look overall. I also like advertising and the idea of cross promotions. Got some t-shirts (http://img226.echo.cx/img226/6614/shirt19ti.jpg) made for some friends. An idea came to mind if I were to actually mail out exclusive “Yukon Mag” tee’s that would be kinda sick. There’s a snowball effect happening right now so if it pans out the way my mind’s eye sees it…this could be big.

Robynwild: What area of Canada do you live in and what kind of affect do you think it had on you growing up? How is that for a wallbanger of a question?

You know what…I’m going to bite and answer this. I’m not from Canada I’m from BRRROOKLLLYN…damn, a certain kind of swagger just takes over when you say Brooklyn. The effect(s) of coming up in BK (Sheepshead / Coney Island to be exact). If you’ve lived in the projects than you know, I’m speaking in general so far your drug peddling is concerned. I went through the usual rights of passage anybody from any hood did. You’d hang out with a crew on a park bench till the wee-hours getting your drink and or your smoke on. But I always had an imagination that would preoccupy my time a lot. I spent a lot of time to myself on the roof of my building. Looking over into Manhattan or whatever wondering what else is out there. I’ve always wanted to be that dude who came from the same place a lot of these rappers talk about. Yet bring a new slant to the story, if that makes any sense. No…not some avant-garde stuff either. It...Whatever that may be is still being forged to this day just with a change in locale now. For the past 4 yrs Houston has been the backdrop. Being a disgruntled college grad has gotten old so now I’m making moves on this Art Teacher gig. Every now and again I rap too, still in the process of creating a world of my own design, y’know.

Photosynthesis: We all have our lil' reasons for why we frequent this OKP board. (It's home away from home / Impersonal but friendly and non~committal / Therapy / A place to meet people--Other poets or freestylists--A place to let off steam & vent (battles) / etc., etc.
QUESTION: WHY ARE YOU HERE? -- (Besides of course to share your wonderful issues of blak-yukon interviews)

I have no idea to perfectly honest,ha…After 2002, I just got bored of posting on the boards. To this day I fail to really understand; especially if you’re an emcee…how does somebody truly get into what it is you’re saying. Meaning getting into the nuances…the flow and all that, other than looking at some words put together. Than I realized I’m from another era just before PCs were in every household. There are aspiring emcees that use this place as a form of training to get their game up. By the time I discovered this place, hitting the stage and performing in front of folks and recording and being in ciphers were old-hat. I’ll admit I’m one of the worst to read on here so far as you the reader not getting exactly where the line break is in my raps. I’m glad I was able to share audios with folks so they would know I’m far from being a “netcee”,ha. But to finally answer your question…I like to see folks come into their own here, there are like-minded people out there in the world and this place has brought a lot of folks who really would have never got to interact together. It’s communal and clickish at the same time, and though I feel as though I’m seasoned…I still every so often get hit in the head by some of the stuff I see here…yep. Plus, it kills time while at work...have you seen what goes on in GD?

<<----later that night-----

http://ryanavery.com/musick/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

YM.SPECIAL EDITION: SIDE DISH [View all] , blak_yukon, Sun Jun-12-05 05:15 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
brooklyn is most definitely up in this mofo!!!....
Jun 12th 2005
randazzo's...Emmons ave?...mob territory
Jun 12th 2005
      RE: randazzo's...Emmons ave?...mob territory
Jun 12th 2005
           performing arts h.s.
Jun 12th 2005
                RE: performing arts h.s.
Jun 12th 2005
                     haven't been back up top in 4 yrs,bruh...
Jun 12th 2005
                          RE: haven't been back up top in 4 yrs,bruh...
Jun 12th 2005
It Was A Pleasure ...
Jun 12th 2005
righ'on.righ'on...
Jun 12th 2005
thats a great avy n/m
Jun 13th 2005
really doe
Jun 13th 2005
lol
Jun 13th 2005
BARTEK MAGAZINE
Jun 16th 2005
RE: ^^^^ young emcee's check the method and knowledge ^^^^^
Jun 17th 2005
RE: This was real,
Jun 17th 2005
AUS ASKS
Jun 17th 2005

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #15084 Previous topic | Next topic