Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #12269

Subject: "YUKON MAGAZINE.III" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
blak_yukon
Charter member
3901 posts
Mon May-03-04 07:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"YUKON MAGAZINE.III"

Uncle Blak back up in'ya...April was a pretty uptight month wasnt it? It's all to the good though now cause May is here, which for most part means your neck of the woods has better weather. I figured Tek would have something to say, i mean...when doesnt he?ha. We're out and about at Memorial Park watching joggers go by. This is prime shit for an artist to collect oneself,yamean?

Tek how do you remain so open around so many people who get
so defensive.

Well, I try my best to remain open, however, I can be and have been known to be very defensive and reactionary. I am very disillusioned with the state of our world and it's people. There are many fronts where good people are desperately needed. For a long time, I dind't know where to start or where I could contribute. It took me 22 years to realize, that no change can occur without racial and cultural equality, including religion and the like. When I find myself in a heated debate, I do my best to maintain my sense of equality and objectivity. I can't lose an argument, becuase I do not pick any side to stand on. So, even if I am threatened, which I have been, or if I am called a devil, which I have been, I do not let it defeat me becuase I believe that every human being, is equal to another. Our perception of religion, politics, love, and death, are identical and exist on the same plane, the only difference, is the angle of the onlooker/tangent.

Remember last year that tantrum you had on the boards? Seems
as if it started with Frak, than you tried to get at
everybody(even me in a inbox)...Dawg, come clean on that.

Frak hurt me. His words were sharp and they cut deep. Frak is an intelligent individual, and he found my insecurities and spit on them. It hurt because he was provoked by a subliminal battle verse I wrote not intended for him, but for the other half of my dual self. Even to this day our friendship is still healing. I think we both crossed the line in many aspects and naturally, it is going to take some time to rebuild that pure bond we once shared. At that point, I thought that everyone on the board shared his thoughts because he recieved a lot of praise and applause for his verse. Mentally, I broke down and I began looking for any fight I could get myself into to validate my tantrum. I thought I was hated. Even today I feel as if I am an outsider that is pest-like. For some reason, I always blame myself for anything that goes wrong, and eventually that guilt/shame will induce a tantrum for which I will apologize for after the last slug has flown.

Sup with the name...Bartek.

Bartek is my first name. My birth cerfiticate states "Bartosz" which was the name of a Polish king, and "Bartosz" is Bartek for short, or BarTek. I discovered my name when I discovered Hip Hop, and at that point I began to love my name. I never appreciated it before, as it was always difficult to teach people how to say it properly. Everyone always had a problem understanding me, and they thought I was saying "Martin". I have also been called "Bartender" which I don't mind but I don't like to be called "Bart" for short. Naturally, BarTek is fitting for my passion and love for hip hop, I can spit a Bar like a Tek-nietztion, and I can produce a Teknichally sound instrumental to lay a few bars over. I secretly thank my parents for choosing my name, as it helped me establish my own identity which is something I always struggled with.

This isnt so much a question as it a comment. You definately
want to be...and are...a student of hiphop. You track folks
down for opinions on how to improve your writing, your
rhyming, flow..all that. I thought you were just a pest but
you on top of your game so far as pusing yourself to be
better.

No doubt! And I do appreciate your positive word. You have helped me more than you will ever know, and Imma make sure to make you, and my fam like you, proud of me. I take this very seriously, it never leaves my consciousness, and not a day goes by without a ghost battle or verse, whether it be at a bus stop, or in my ride. Hip Hop has helped me tremendously, and I also believe it saved my life. I discovered Hip Hop when I was 15, when I was very depressed and suicidal. KRS-ONE screamed at me, from beneath the comfort blanket of society, and he woke me up. To this day I feel his influence and message. I want to get on a track, and I want to scream like him, so I can move another kid that is searching for substance in his life.

How did you come across this place...Was freestyle your
first stop?

Freestyle was my first stop. I learned to write here. Everything I know is because of Freestyle. I typed "Talib Kweli" in a search engine, and I found this site. I read Talib ad Hi-Tek's bio's, and I was hooked. The freestyle board was perfect, as far as exressing myself, and beginning my road to mental well being. I have never truly revealed anything about what truly ails me. Metally and physically, I have suffered for a very long time, to the point, where if the suffering stops, I don't know how to function without it. This board has helped me tremendously, as I have learned how to heal with words, and how to be happy. I thank you all for teaching me. So much of my pain has poured all over this board, and so much that I didn't even know was there.

Wheres Bartek at in 5 years...

Hopefully, and God willing, still with my girl, and with children. That is all I want out of life, my woman, and children. I feel, as if I have to earn my right to have children. It almost brings me to tears to think about it. I want to be a good father/husband and nothing more. As far as Hip Hop and poetry is concerned, I want to keep fighting and looking for a cure to the disease that plagues humanity.

King of the Ring tourney...quick..sum it up

I am going to take the crown, was there ever any doubt? Whoever I face in the final, I urge you to write the hottest verse you can manage, because you will not escape my jaws, so you might as well go down fighting. This is my year. Believe it.

edit:interview done during the tourney, but since than...we've seen the outcome...tek would later chime in,
"Congratulations Champ, big ups Rick!"

This is my favorite question, anything you want the folks
out there to know? Any last words or whatever...its open.

I just want people to know that I love them. On the real though. I love the murderers, the rapists, and the war mongers. I daresay, I even love the devil. How could I be objective and free, if I do not love those that need love the most? I want to help them, and I want to help the devil, so that everyone can benefit from the human potential that we are so afraid of. I have to credit Mandela for that. Also, PEACE.

"Special shoutouts to Imagination_7!!!"

peace.

Red flag, watch out for it....

easy,

blk

----------sig-----------

http://unclevicart.com/

me and the fellas would converge and heat up some Hot Pockets in preparation for Rap City.© Roc

dude, getting a response from the folks at freestyle is like watching water boil...© Tek

Printer-friendly copy

YUKON MAGAZINE.III [View all] , blak_yukon, Mon May-03-04 07:12 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: YUKON MAGAZINE.III
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
May 03rd 2004
Method to the madness???
May 03rd 2004
RE: Lol
May 03rd 2004
RE: Method to the madness???
May 03rd 2004
hmmmm so I gotta be controversial huh?
May 03rd 2004
      *LoL* @ Frosted Flake --
May 04th 2004
May 04th 2004
yukon ...holla at me fam...
May 04th 2004
errata
May 05th 2004
:)
May 05th 2004
      RE: :)
May 05th 2004
excellent.
May 05th 2004
RE: excellent.
May 05th 2004
      RE: excellent.
May 10th 2004
interesting read
May 07th 2004
RE: interesting read
May 07th 2004
      while your perspective is interesting
May 08th 2004
May 10th 2004
UPS!
May 10th 2004
SSSSssssssssss^Up^ --
May 13th 2004
Archive
Knockout_Jenkins
May 13th 2004
      RE: Thanks,
May 18th 2004
           Yeah...actually...
May 18th 2004
Nice work.....
May 18th 2004

Lobby Freestyle Board Freestyle Board Archives topic #12269 Previous topic | Next topic