Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28413

Subject: "D Delayed!!!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
IdiotKwis

Thu Oct-14-99 06:19 AM

"D Delayed!!!"

Forgot my password again, had to let you guys know this. Any word ?uest?<P>Fans hungry for neo-soul crooner D'Angelo's<BR>long-awaited sophomore set, Voodoo, will have to wait a little longer. Already rescheduled three times this year, Voodoo has been pushed back again and is now due Jan. 11.<P>According to sources close to the D'Angelo camp, the album was again rescheduled because the Lauryn Hill collaboration is not yet complete. The collaboration, a D'Angelo-produced remake of the Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway classic "Feel Like Making Love," has not been recorded because Hill is busy with her legal battles over the royalties and production credits on The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill.<P>Insiders hint that two singles from Voodoo will hit radio in the coming weeks: "Untitled," a tribute to the Artist formerly known as Prince, and a cut called "Left And Right," featuring Method Man and Redman. You can hear "Left And Right" on LAUNCH by clicking here.<P>Raphael Saadiq, formerly of Tony Toni Tone, is also expected to contribute to the album.<P>With Voodoo expected in the new year, media activity has begun brewing for D'Angelo. He appeared on the season opener of HBO's The Chris Rock Show. The singer also graces the November cover of Essence magazine. In the Essence interview, D'Angelo talks about sex with church girls, but he refuses to discuss his baby's mother, Angie Stone, who recently released her<BR>solo debut, Black Diamond.<P>Tonight D'Angelo is set to appear at a reception in New York City hosted by LAUNCH and Emporio Armani.<P>Look for a D'Angelo feature on LAUNCH.com soon. Features on Method Man, Redman, and Tony Toni Tone.<P>reprinted from launch.com without permission<BR>

Printer-friendly copy

D Delayed!!! [View all] , IdiotKwis, Thu Oct-14-99 06:19 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Well.....THANK GOD....
Oct 14th 1999
Eff a Lauryn Hill
Oct 14th 1999
Patience is a virtue...
s80pip
Oct 16th 1999
Easy.....
Adjua
Oct 17th 1999
I can't explain...
acwells
Oct 14th 1999
I quit
Oct 14th 1999
recoupment
WordSmith
Oct 14th 1999
d'isappointed.
Oct 14th 1999
datz whut I'm sayin' yo!!! n/m
Oct 14th 1999
      Here is what D'Angelo needs to do
King
Oct 14th 1999
*Sigh*
BigMo818
Oct 15th 1999
damn near tears
Oct 15th 1999
      worth the wait
Oct 16th 1999

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28413 Previous topic | Next topic