Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27838

Subject: "who stole the SOUL?!?!?!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sun Jan-16-00 03:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"who stole the SOUL?!?!?!"

oh god, what a horrid conclusion to an otherwise steller life devoting every saturday to recording and collecting these shows.<P>you all know the story. i have 300 plus episodes of soul train in my collection......1971-1993 (it got too wack for me afterwards)<P><BR>but today really closed a chapter to any hope i had for this show to bring me some magic that my childhood once had.<P><BR>in a nutshell? i woke up in my room to a soul train show on tv, good news: they rehashed the popular "sound of philadelphia" theme again.....bad news: it's wack.<P>the train is gone from the animation, it dances wack. don hasn't hosted since '91. but man these new hosts are whatever!!!! (mystro clark gone (good news) shamar moore is the new host (bad news). don was cool!, these cats try to be all hype and shit. no no no!!!! coooooooooool is the way to go.<P><BR>and i didn't even get there yet.<P>playerkeroline was gracious enough to hook me up with food and etc, as well as a ride to the spot. we get there and as i suspected it's mad small inside the studio. it's the size of the 930 club in dc, or the downstairs of house of blues in la, chicago, or sc. y'all get the point. they shoot once a month for 3 days fri sat and sun. when we got there, idea (leave!!!! mealone!!!!) had just left. the whole cash money click came to perform "bling bling". bg's neck alone could put my kid in college. the crowd was so hyped. yes fellas there was mad honeys, a few transvestites, veteran dancers (read 15 years) and don.......well. don looked like death on a tree. since cash money click was lyp synchin to a cd, their shit kept skippin. so they wasted mad time. <P><P>the studio was freeeeeeeezin. some dancers recognized, but.....i knew we were in for a battle..........<P>soon our episode (sisquo, the roots, sammy) started 1 1/2 afterwards. mofo's were irritable. or should i say i was irritating. my mission was to find out who but don had juice to get me episodes.........<P><BR>so i befriended a production assistant who laughed at me while i explained that i was "desperate" for 1980-1985. she was on some "stand in line" shit. soon a hand out the blue came from behind me sayin "say bruh, you can't sit here." it was don cornealius. i was frozen. i moved. soon i guess the production lady told don i was cool. he soon walked over and said "no offense bro, but that's a private section". scared i said "that's ok don" jabrill, and apostle sat with kamal and played the dozens on the dancers.......<P>soon it was our turn to go for ours after sisqo turned it out. they were really open. oh god. battle ahead. we get onstage to ........"silence". (oh no.) the announcer dude was like welcome "the roots!!!!" (silence). great, just great. people not sure who we were. and the only thing to really identify us we killed since we went to the studio 3 days earlier to rerecord a live version of what you want/ you got me to lyp synch to.<P><BR>because of the delays we were on last, and somehow there was some union thing goin on. so they rushed us on stage and that quick........we were done.......we messed up cause we never lypsynhed before. they just ruched us "uh it's cool!!!!<P><P><P><P><P><P><P>THE SOULQUARIANS<BR>chewy (quest).....jan<BR>luke (d)........feb <BR>lando (jaydee)......feb<BR>cp30 (james poyser).....jan<BR>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan<BR>hans (chaos)........jan<BR>anakin (lil mike)......feb<P>honorary members:<BR>kelo- soulacorn.......jan<BR>common- soulcies......march<BR>erykah- soulcies......feb<BR>

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Printer-friendly copy

who stole the SOUL?!?!?! [View all] , qoolquest, Sun Jan-16-00 03:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
pt 2
Jan 16th 2000
Y'ALL WAS LIP SYNCHIN????
Jan 16th 2000
      lollollol
Jan 17th 2000
so sorry..
Jan 16th 2000
Eff it.....
Jan 16th 2000
the train
Jan 16th 2000
Lip synchin
Lyricist1
Jan 16th 2000
Don is looking for you
Jan 16th 2000
Soul Train's Been Wack Since Trench Has Been Doing The Intro
iLL
Jan 16th 2000
indeed!
Jan 18th 2000
damn.....
Jan 16th 2000
thats real sad
Jan 16th 2000
So now what.......???
Jan 16th 2000
dayum sounds like the okayplayers had fun..
Jan 16th 2000
      You should have played
Jan 17th 2000
ew
Jan 17th 2000
oops---the sequel
Jan 17th 2000
Eff the Train!
Jan 18th 2000
DAMN!!!! THE WHOLE CLIQUE......
Jan 18th 2000
Ladies, ShawnGee is....the OFFICIAL....
Jan 19th 2000
      uh what the fuck is this?
Jan 22nd 2000
           oh come on Quest you know....
Jan 23rd 2000
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 19th 2000
Awww dayum!
Jan 21st 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27838 Previous topic | Next topic