Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27744

Subject: "i apologize..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
bfnh
Charter member
35708 posts
Thu Jan-20-00 08:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
28. "i apologize..."
In response to In response to 0

i would like to apologize to any of my fam if they have already stated a few of these points. but, i want you to know that i skimmed your stuff. i make it a point to reiterate my point for skimmers, but i must get this out of me, and then get back to work... so here i go.<BR>- - - - - - - - -<BR>i shouldn't dignify this with a response due to the fact that this is way to easy, and tearing you the well deserved butthole has already been done by people who have showed you their reaction to your words...but i would like to interject my venom too, just because i'm still reaching to become the uber hak that i am.<P><BR>>I live just outside of Chicago and am one of Common's biggest, however white, fans. <BR>i live inside of philly and i appreciate the music he makes, i don't want to call myself a fan, i have issues with that word, but if common is on a track, i listen, and i enjoy the product that he offers. btw - i am a 23 y/old black male.<P>i understand that you were trying to establish some sense of credibility. but let me explain. you have none in this issue. you're points are no more important than mine and it would have been better to just start your arguement and get to the point. (yeah, i know, i need to take my own advice, but i am a trained verbal circumlocutor)<P><BR>>That being said I have to ask about the new cover. <BR>is it actually a cover or is it promo material? i'm not sure that it was ever called a cover. remember, we are dealing with an industry, i'm sure that common could have approved this photo, but i'm not sure if he did. it's just promo, if it get's people talking, then damnit, it's done it's job. if it get's people thinking, maybe common did his job.<P>>Is hip-hop the "water" spewing <BR>>from the "colored only" fountain, of <BR>>which us whites should not drink? <BR>i can't answer this question. but i tell you this, there is no water coming out of that fountain. none at all. you need to really talk to some people because there is no, i repeat no water in that photo.<P>>Or is it a simple reminder <BR>>of how things used to be. <BR>>What year is that picture from? <BR>yesterday while walking my darker skinned yet frail frame through affluent chestnut hill, i received many "nervous smiles" (i'll talk more about nervous smiles in an upcoming post) from the people who were around. i had on my timbs, and am abercrombie & fitch jacket. they weren't sure if they should look at me or not, but judging by the contrast of the jeans & boots, versus my lfo-compliant overpriced not bangin in the hood jacket. they thought i may have been down for their cause. it resulted in a nervous smile...<P>i say that all to say, "i don't need no fuckin promo cover to "remind" me of the way things _A_R_E_<P>>The 50s or 60s? What year <BR>>is it now? Okay, just checking. <BR>is this a joke? is it a poor attempt to gain support? i'm not sure about this peice of text, it seems out of place & futile. it should be culled from the strong. ((the weak must be culled))<P>>I have no problem with the <BR>>pro-blackness Common has displayed in his <BR>>lyrics in the past and have <BR>>come to expect it in the <BR>>future. <BR>good 4 you, would you like a cookie? this still doesn't validate your message. i'd like you to know something. the fact that you try so hard to prove that you are down is an indicator to your pathology, which i will discuss more in this current lecture...<P>>I shouldn't, and don't see <BR>>any fault in that. However, I <BR>>draw the line when I see/hear <BR>>anti-white propaganda. <BR>ah, yes. the crux of your argument, and as i see it, the point where you show your incredible insecurity and give guise to your glaring pathology. much like sole sung to el-p, this block of text should be read as "i wanna be down." but those are two white rappers, obviously not the flavor of ice cream that you are currently jocking, so i will put it in some black terms so that you can appreciate it... remember the scene in "menace to society" when our young pre-love jones larenz tate was sitting behind a desk, and a lovingly dark skinned detective played by Bill Duke uttered this infamous line.<P>"you know you done fucked up right?"<P>your blaring insecurity of non-acceptance is incredible. i'm sure it started when as a small child you were left alone to cry and never received the proper ball rubbing from your mother. this small problem compounded when you were chosen last for little league and soccer and the cute girls with blonde hair didn't give you any valentines. i'm sure you probably had a pretty good outside jumper and a couple of black kids decided to let you run point & you started to identify with their struggle. maybe they could understand all the pain & hardship you had endured. you heard common, he was saying the shit you wanted to say, & he was from right over there in Chicago, where your black friends lived right? and now you see that he has rejected you. buying his singles and shopping in thrift stores so that your wardrobe would be as fresh as his hasn't lead you into the promised land. just maybe he and you could stand on the same commonground. maybe you thought the two of you had more in common. maybe, just maybe if you posted he would commune with you.<P>BANH (like on the old family feud) wrong answer. dude, you are sick and need help. much like the other pathological inbreds that roam these boards, i offer you a hug. i accept you and your faults, i understand it's not your fault.<P>>How or why would <BR>>any hip-hop artist want to insult <BR>>the demographic which keeps them in <BR>>bizness anyway? <BR>suck his dick. i would tell you to suck mine, but i really understand that you want a peice of common's Peter Wheatstraw...<P>>That of course being <BR>>young white males. <BR>BANH - wrong answer again. young white males, or rather the idiotic young white males that you represent, will flip flop for any flavor of the month. just like most of the masses. take that bobby brown button off your jacket. change your naughty by nature sheets, and polka dots are no longer in style either. you suck up my fuckin culture and have the nerve to try to flip flop when your realize that not all chocolate is sweet.<P>>I love people <BR>>and I love Common, <BR>i don't love people or common. i'm just stating this as a fact. some of y'all motherfuckers is stupid as shit. common is a great guy i guess. but i don't know him because i heard a couple of his songs or visited his website. common should give me a phone call. if you can ask him to post. i can ask for a phone call. if common does that shit, or at least lets me work on his website, than i can say that i love common. your starting to sound like "the president of his fan club, tryin' to kill (him)."<P>>and I <BR>>wonder if my $13 would be <BR>>better spent elsewhere come March 28th. <BR>possibly, you could buy a fuckin' clue. & i'm not talking about that game that your aforementioned non-supportive parents never played with you.<P><BR>>Common comes across as a religious <BR>>and intelligent man <BR>two things you have not proven in your post, Jimbo.<P>>and I would <BR>>like to think he doesn't hate <BR>>an entire race because of the <BR>>past or because a small percentage <BR>>of them might hate him for <BR>>the wrong reasons. <BR>dickhead. ((this is giving props to my girl TANK - in a post, she responded by only saying the word dickhead. it was poignant and spoke volumes. she is an aryan to jock if you need some role models within your race))<P>>I've seen <BR>>him in concert 3 times(once with <BR>>The Roots) <BR>big fuckin' woop. this does not validate shit. i understand that you are a consumer, but i'm going to read into common's mind too - he makes music for him. & that is why the shit is so good. he views it as a positive force for self, and other identify with it. it (his music) is great because he isn't selfish, but at the same time realizing that he is for self, and that self is part of a greater connected whole. <P>>and he's talked about <BR>>how it's good that hip-hop can <BR>>bring so many different people together <BR>>peacfully. Is that just BS or <BR>>what? <BR>see, your still searching for acceptance. your pathology is blairing trough your insecurities. i offered you a hug, but you need more. your one of those touchy drunks that feels up all the thick sisters at the bar don't you? oh shit, you can't be of drinking age, where do you go to offer your water for chocolate?<P>>I hope I'm wrong about <BR>>the cover and Mr. Lynn has <BR>>another meaning behind the use of <BR>>that picture. <BR>i'm asking anybody who knows the answer to this question, again, i may have skimmed, but is it the cover or not?<P>>Also, is No I.D. <BR>>producing any of the tracks on <BR>>the new one? I sure hope <BR>>so! Besides isn't Jay Dee partially <BR>>responsible for the mostly bland music <BR>>on ATCQ's last 2 LPs? <BR>shut the fuck up, rather, breathe & stop<P>>Bottom <BR>>line, one has to wonder if <BR>>Common really did lose his sense?... <BR>>People, please reply. Maybe even Mr. <BR>>Lynn himself could drop me an <BR>>encouraging note. Thank you. <P>btw - you offered me bullshit water and i just gave you chocolate. & that is it. it is an opportunity to let your mind be free of the crap you think you are thinking and begin to critically think. it (the phrase "like water for chocolate) is an amazing analogy, an amazing film, and a concept that i love. i'm amazed that no one has mentioned this before. i'm amazed that your ignorance has had me typing for twenty minutes, and i won't be amazed if you don't get it. i have doubts about you that i won't put out there, but i will say this. you need a fuckin' hug.<BR>_______________________________________<BR>"...this should be compared to other great tomes like the Final Fantasy Series; Classic Rakim and Dwayne Johnson catch-phrases..." an honest review of <a href="http://h8r.com" target="_blank">http://h8r.com<;/a>

--
http://at.yamomzcrib.com </3 http://yourmomisclubbin.com </3 http://hoesinthesameclothes.tumblr.com

Printer-friendly copy

In reference to Common's new album cover. [View all] , Jimbo, Tue Jan-18-00 04:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
the misinterpretation of jimbo
Jan 18th 2000
bu-tee-ful, brain
BTMBQHKDR
Jan 18th 2000
hmm...
Jan 19th 2000
dear jimbo-
Jan 19th 2000
      word. n/m
Jan 19th 2000
      THANK YOU MPOZI!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 20th 2000
      that was harsh
Jan 20th 2000
Jimbo
Rosstafarian
Jan 19th 2000
oh really?
Jan 19th 2000
READ THIS SHITT!!!!!
Jan 19th 2000
a question for EVERYONE
anonymous
Jan 20th 2000
MY POINT WAS...
Jan 20th 2000
Hill Street
Sephiroth
Jan 20th 2000
      To Correct My dumb Self
Sephiroth
Jan 20th 2000
FOR REAL???
Jan 19th 2000
CHOOSE YOUR WORDS WISELY JIMBO
warmfunk
Jan 19th 2000
funk-
Jan 19th 2000
      THANK YOU AGAIN MPOZI!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 20th 2000
      a simple comment...
warmfunk
Jan 20th 2000
Here we go...
honeydrop
Jan 19th 2000
jimbrowski
Jan 19th 2000
word is bond
Jan 20th 2000
jimbo jimbo
Jan 20th 2000
a few comments:
Jan 20th 2000
I saw this coming just a few short days ago
Jan 20th 2000
Emotional???Hmmmm?
Jan 22nd 2000
      Like I said to the_fifth...
Jimbo
Jan 23rd 2000
like water for art.
dtakil
Jan 20th 2000
HIVE reminder
dtakil
Jan 21st 2000
Yo Jim
Jan 20th 2000
The whole point
Jan 20th 2000
COMMON IS THE DEVIL!!!!
ORACLE
Jan 20th 2000
Props to Stree!
Jan 20th 2000
oops. I mean, props to STRESS!
Jan 20th 2000
Son of a......
Jan 20th 2000
common's gear...
Jan 21st 2000
Plantation Overseer Mentalities
Jan 20th 2000
if it's been said, i'll reiterate
Jan 20th 2000
Hold on, Jimbo...
tangocharlie
Jan 20th 2000
Effin Aryan
Jan 20th 2000
Good Point
Sephiroth
Jan 20th 2000
stop fucking playing
angieee
Jan 20th 2000
ummm...
Jan 20th 2000
not much else to say, except-
Jan 21st 2000
Racial insecurities....
Jan 21st 2000
Oh, no he didnt-
JDET313
Jan 23rd 2000
Calm Down
Jan 24th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27744 Previous topic | Next topic