Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27715

Subject: "i read it, too" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Jan-21-00 03:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "i read it, too"
In response to In response to 9

i was about to comment on that, but i see that sonmeone got to it before me. it was in the british mag hip-hop connection about a year ago. <P>according to the mag, comon got served by chester p. hackenbush of the mudd family, and faced with the prospect of defeat, common resorted to taunting chester by saying that he can't rap cos he's white. it caused a lot of controversy among UK fans who wondered whether common was a racist and a sore loser. <P>of course, they didn't print exactly what common said, so i'm not sure if he actually made real racist comments or just said something like "you white boy," which i think would not be unacceptable under battle circumstances, where the mcs comment on each other's appearances. the UK fans eventually forgave common, ithink, but chester p got a big career boost.<P>i'll find that article later today.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

Printer-friendly copy

COMMON KNOWLEDGE... [View all] , george_popahdopolis, Wed Jan-19-00 02:32 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The CHAMPION! Never lost to no nigga in London.
common
Jan 19th 2000
A COMMON MISTAKE...
george_popahdopolis
Jan 19th 2000
COMMON ?UESTION....
george_popahdopolis
Jan 20th 2000
COMMON !!!! YOU IS DAMNED WRONG !!!
emajor19
Jan 20th 2000
i think...
Jan 20th 2000
I gotta step in this one......
Jan 20th 2000
SOMETHING IN COMMON...
george_popahdopolis
Jan 20th 2000
      Common vs Chester P (Mudd Family)
misfit
Jan 20th 2000
           common didn't exactly win the battle
Jan 21st 2000

NOW ITS ALL MAKIN' SENSE...
george_popahdopolis
Jan 21st 2000
                          THE COMMON APPEARANCE....
george_popahdopolis
Jan 29th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27715 Previous topic | Next topic