Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27044

Subject: "Thought kissin a white chick? It's deeper then that" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Ill_NoiZe

Thu Feb-17-00 11:14 AM

"Thought kissin a white chick? It's deeper then that"

Listening to Mos def Rap abouyt "umi says" (umi meaning mother in Arabic) and reading these posts on Black thought kissing that white chick. I feel Black People need to Understand Period. As a Black Man I wake up feeling and having to deal with white people Every damn day, and all these people have to say is "we made some steps forward" fuck that!<BR> <BR> Destroyed In Everyday Life I rise to Find Myself another Black man Lost in the Maze Of White world. My Eyes hurt from trying to see the light. A thought shared by many African American Men and Women in General A loss off ones self is on the horizon with each daily breathe. Momentarily a black man will commit a crime where his reply in court will be "he did it to survive". Tonight and every other night a black man, woman, child will be killed. A society on the brink of downfall, with such easy Uprise available why? (see the LOVE IN THE 90’s BOARD). <BR> I Turn On "UMI SAY'S" by Mos Def and Try and meditate on my life and "SHINE MY LIGHT FOR THE WORLD TO SEE" the words sink inside my hurting soul. Eyes pull tears from unknown realms. WHy Out of a society Of People the strongest race suffer from Problems so Deeply rooted in One's heriditary? Surpass the bullshit about slavery and the downfall of black political leader's. Yes this a factor in the overall problem, but there is a problem within ourselve's. Why are our kids almost the highest if not, percentage of kids in the adoption system? Why are we the highest percentage of the prison system? Why do we make up the strongest portion of Poverty in the United States Of America? Is there really that much of a problem with being black? are we ashamed to stand with our pride high and demand the respect needed to survive on a daily basis? <BR> <BR>...HOLD UP, WAIT A MUTHAFUCKIN SECOND! <BR> I think I need to marinate on this shit for a min. As a culture we are grounded into this Land Deeper then any past group of people. YES BEYOND NATIVE AMERICANS. What we look at everyday during our journey through the world was built by our ancestors. The Designer clothes Most of us decide to Hide our true selves under, The fabric Has our great grandmothers and great great grandfathers blood shed all over it. This very ground we walk on, spit on, drive on, live on.....carried the many routes of freedom, to the routes of death, pain and heartache of Our beloved Love one's. We Built this Muthafucka. But we are scared to live in this Muthafucka? is there a slight problem with this attitude? the same group of people to holla gimme' my respect on street blocks are the same people scared to LIVE what we Made. Everybody is scared of the YEAR 2000 but what about the last 400 years? This Lack Of Concern Scares me because If we don't know where we been, HOW THE FUCK CAN WE KNOW WHERE WE ARE HEADED? We are the strongest race, Yet we live in fear, Fear of the police, fear of positivity, fear of work, fear of struggle, fear of commitment, fear of ourselve's. Most Importantly Fear of change. <BR> As the song Ends I think of the title of the c.d "BLACK ON BOTH SIDES" I Chuckle Lightly to myself. "BLACK ON BOTH SIDES" aint that the muthafuckin truth I think. I remember being young and telling my cousin "give me five on the black hand side" Years later I found out, that we ARE "BLACK ON BOTH SIDES" hard work, Hard live's. Black being opague and absorbing heat, and most elements. Just like my People absorbing pain, absorbing our reality, The Problem with that is.....When do we release it? I'm Releasing mine, Many a Black man or Black woman has found the means to release theirs in a positive light, and realize that this is ours for the taking, ours for the making, ours for the growth, Simply Stated this is ours. The world is ours, But Fear is not. Do you Honestly think We were AFRAID when we rode years Packed inside those slave ships?!! HELL YEAH WE WERE! but the difference is we had sense of self We had sense Of Pride. We had a sense Of Spirituality, a Sense of our Culture Our BLACKNESS, and we knew that whatever God had in Store for us. We would Overcome, Because we are His People. BLACK PEOPLE. MUTHAFUCKIN BLACK PEOPLE.<P>When Black MEN and Black WOMEN get to this frame of mind and understanding I will be aiight with see-ing a brotha kiss a white chick but until then Fuck it.<BR> <BR>If You have something you would like to say, e-mail me at Arson@ill-matik.8m.com or vist my site<P><a href="http://ill-matik.8m.com" target="_blank">http://ill-matik.8m.com<;/a><P>the revolution will be televised VIA internet in 27 days<P>Ill-inois EST-blished<P>Ill~est<BR> <BR>

Printer-friendly copy

Thought kissin a white chick? It's deeper then that [View all] , Ill_NoiZe, Thu Feb-17-00 11:14 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
adressing the ignorance of the mass
prophetEss
Feb 17th 2000
sorry 'brah'
Feb 17th 2000
agreed, somewhat...
Feb 17th 2000
what about the continued racism of today
Feb 18th 2000
lemme tell you y i love you
Feb 18th 2000
OK...I feel u on that
Feb 20th 2000
You can
Ill_NoiZe
Feb 18th 2000
&quot;and never once have I judged a person, black or white&quot;
Ill_NoiZe
Feb 18th 2000
      judgement..
prophetEss
Feb 18th 2000
      The Color of Music
ReynDyvyne
Feb 19th 2000
           ....as my grandmama says &quot;oye mija.. que pinga es eso&quot;
prophetEss
Feb 19th 2000
                You don't care but...
ReynDyvyne
Feb 19th 2000
                     all i have to say is...
prophetEss
Feb 20th 2000
                          Enough said
ReynDyvyne
Feb 20th 2000
      &quot;Thats a all out simple and plain bold face lie. I dont know ONE pe...
prophetEss
Feb 18th 2000
      MY GOD you're doing the same SHIT!!!
Feb 21st 2000
you are entitled...
Feb 17th 2000
and.......
Feb 17th 2000
shouldn't you rehearse with D'Angelo ?
Feb 18th 2000
it was 3am when i posted!
Feb 18th 2000
      that's no excuse LOL
Feb 19th 2000
It actually was a accident
Ill_NoiZe
Feb 18th 2000
you raise some good points Ill_noyze....
Feb 18th 2000
all I gotta say is...
Feb 18th 2000
Can we stop this please....
Feb 19th 2000
Damn, I couldn't of put it any better than that!! n/m
Feb 20th 2000
dear god, man...
Feb 19th 2000
also...
Feb 19th 2000
good call...
one_loveone_soul
Feb 20th 2000
      I reply only because
ReynDyvyne
Feb 20th 2000
kissing a white chic
hotee615
Feb 22nd 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27044 Previous topic | Next topic