Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #26668

Subject: "look . . ." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Feb-29-00 04:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "look . . ."
In response to In response to 19

>But its obvious that artists nowadays dont <BR>>mind compromising the quality of an <BR>>album for higher sales... <P>If you read ?uestlove's interview on D's page and/or any other interviews you hear about the making of that album, you would know that the foul-mouthed ish you hear in that song was put there for reasons other than simply to boost record sales. He put it there because it made sense to him! I mean, the damn thing took 100 years to come up with, and it seems that each song was painstakingly gone over to find the perfect blend of sounds and rhythms . . . so for whatever reason, D thought that Left & Right needed that ish right where it was. If he didn't want it there, it wouldn't be there/<P>Personally, I don't much like the rapping on that joint either, but I respect D's creative integrity for putting it out there. If it bothers you so much, I suggest just vibin' off the amazing drum track on that song.<P><BR>love and respect,<BR>El Rey<P>"I prefer to speak of the impossible, because we already know too much about what is possible" Silvio Rodriguez<P>"If our profanity offends you, look around you and see how destructively society is profaning itself. It is the rape of the land, the pollution of the environment, the betrayal and suffering of the masses by corrupt government that is the real obscenity." - MOVE statement<P>FREE MUMIA!<BR>www.mumia.org<P>FREE THE MOVE 9!<P>FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS!<P>FREE YOUR SELF!<BR>www.freeyourself.com<P>"Get free y'all, get free!" - Digable Planets<P>"Get Free" - The Artist<P>

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

Printer-friendly copy

Re: D'Angelo's Stupid Mistake(will it happen again)? [View all] , Soulquarium, Sun Feb-20-00 04:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
L&amp;R
ReynDyvyne
Feb 20th 2000
Tinky's replies is like meatballs
Feb 21st 2000
not a mistake
Feb 21st 2000
Word!
Naps
Feb 21st 2000
the button is called skip...look into it... n/m
Feb 21st 2000
I Just Curious
Quinn
Feb 21st 2000
profanity on &quot;Left and Right&quot;
dramamama
Feb 21st 2000
I LOVE Red &amp; Meth on this......
Feb 21st 2000
hah..
prophetEss
Feb 21st 2000
damn right.
Feb 21st 2000
      and not only that,
Quinn
Feb 21st 2000
agreed, but not to the same extreme.
Feb 21st 2000
I was surprised too at first.....
DeDe
Feb 21st 2000
Left and Right
raw_sugar_99
Feb 25th 2000
no me gusta
pacha
Feb 25th 2000
I sorta feel u.
will736
Feb 26th 2000
I gotta agree
Amenhotep
Feb 27th 2000
Fucks it up for whom?
Feb 27th 2000
      niether, Im sayin it fucks the vibe of the album up
Amenhotep
Feb 27th 2000

If Left &amp;Right
Feb 29th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #26668 Previous topic | Next topic