Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25256

Subject: "RE: future of the roots???" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Sun Apr-09-00 12:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "RE: future of the roots???"
In response to In response to 6

word... word, word, word...

that's exactly how i feel! ain't nuttin wrong wit doin sumpin well... amd if you feel good about it, and it helps you live longer and happier, than keep at it... this is what i meant in an earlier post sayin- let cats explore and play... i prefer music that aint afraid to run around nekkit (literally in the case of Untitled) and (to further the metaphor) let it all hang on out there... you open yourself up to criticism, but when that critiwue is reflected in the next set of movements, then people realise that we are listening carefully... and reponding... i've seen bands like Steel Pulse go from gauranteed buys to, maybe laters, to i ain't gettin burned by no more wack syntho pop reggae... so your right, were not lemmings gonna buy anything just cause... and given the chance, artists with vision will learn the give and take...

i'm just stoked that in another ten or fifteen years, i can think about this music in the context of my life then (i'm mr #1 organix bigger upper for that reason)...

just imagine bein' like the age you are now and hearin marvin go through all his different "phases"... one hit (or trend chasing) wonders suck so bad because they never develop, you feel like your wakin up from a musical one night stand...

PoZi (;=

Printer-friendly copy

future of the roots??? [View all] , lagism, Sat Apr-08-00 06:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: future of the roots???
a
Apr 08th 2000
Apr 09th 2000
a
Apr 09th 2000
well
Apr 08th 2000
RE: well
Apr 09th 2000
can you elaborate?
Apr 10th 2000
mainstream or not......
Apr 09th 2000
Helenconnex
Apr 09th 2000
TIME AND TIME AGAIN
dr_no
Apr 09th 2000
don't get me wrong
Apr 09th 2000
RE: don't get me wrong
Apr 09th 2000
RE: don't get me wrong
Quinn
Apr 09th 2000
Snavon
Apr 09th 2000
Apr 10th 2000
Snavon
Apr 10th 2000
up
Apr 09th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25256 Previous topic | Next topic