Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #16482

Subject: "RE: The Roots look.......cheesy" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Sat May-12-01 12:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: The Roots look.......cheesy"
In response to In response to 1

DONT EVEN GET ME STARED!!!!!!

lol...

actually, i didn't shoot the cpver of DYWM... just the back cover (you know the non-cheesy shot of them playing- plug, plug...)

in the defense of the crew, there's only so much you can say about the art for your first album... for real... and there is also only so much you can do to put your friends on once a project is out of direct local control...

so i'm grateful that i had the opportunity to get some images onto the album at all. not shooting the front, while dissapointing initially has receded as the worthyness of the album as a whole is finally being realised...

my only regret is not getting a photo credit on from the ground up...but thats not really anybody's fault... the designer didn't get one either, so it seems like more of a general oversight than an intentional slight...

so yo, imagine dywm as a high school yearbook photo (which considering how young we all were at the time isnt too far form the truth)...

and the cats dont look so silly after all?

PoZi (;=

Printer-friendly copy

The Roots look.......cheesy [View all] , Afroteck, Sat May-12-01 09:42 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Roots look.......cheesy
EloquentWax
May 12th 2001
May 12th 2001
May 12th 2001
May 12th 2001
May 12th 2001
May 12th 2001
May 13th 2001
shut up
May 12th 2001
at one point...
May 13th 2001
I like them both...
May 13th 2001
for the next album
May 13th 2001

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #16482 Previous topic | Next topic