Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #15581

Subject: "Stop waiting" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
analog2digital
Charter member
3597 posts
Sat Jul-14-01 07:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Stop waiting"
In response to In response to 0

That's my advice. Go get yourself some nice psychotherapy, so that you can banish the memory of Black Star from your mind.

It's going to be a loooong wait. By all indications Mos is releasing two albums BEFORE the Black Star album. Kweli is working on HIS solo now too. I'm pretending that the group never existed, so that I can preserve my sanity.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say mid to late 2K2. To put it in perspective: Common, The Roots and Black Thought will ALL have released albums by the time we start to hear rumblings about a new Black Star project.

And to be real with you, I'm kind of torn on this. Should they give the people what they want and throw the Black Star project into their already hectic schedules? Or should they wait until they've got this other stuff out of the way so that they can sit down and make a cohesive classic.

I tend to hope for the latter, even though the long wait is torture. I figure the only thing worse than NO Black Star album is a BAD Black Star album, and that's exactly what we might get if they don't give the effort the proper effort.

In the meantime, listen to Mos and Kweli's various b-sides and collabos. I'm certain one of the Mos projects will make it out by fall/winter (a lot closer than it sounds). Mos is supposedly gonna be on the new Macy. Common and Thought are well on their way to being finished (?uest said Thought is 95% done with the recording). 5 new Kast cuts in December.

In other words: give up, new stuff is coming, but it looks like Black Star albums are on the 4 year plan.

PS

I think I wrote that for myself as much as for you.

"You were a stillborn baby/ mother didn't want you/ but you were still born/ Boy meets world/ of course his pops is gone/ What you figure?/ That chalky outline on the ground is your father figure?" -- Vast Aire

Printer-friendly copy

Black Star Album???? [View all] , BiG_K_WoRDS, Sat Jul-14-01 07:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Black Star Album????
Jul 14th 2001
Patience
Sonador
Jul 14th 2001
RE: Patience
Leo
Jul 14th 2001
      Just to clarify things
Jul 14th 2001
           live and let live
Jul 15th 2001
           RE: Just to clarify things
Jul 15th 2001
RE: Stop waiting
Jul 15th 2001
Jul 15th 2001
Concept123
Jul 15th 2001
Jul 16th 2001
dis/beliefs
Jul 15th 2001
believe it
Jul 16th 2001
      Four Years!?!?!
Jul 16th 2001
           No No No
Jul 16th 2001

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #15581 Previous topic | Next topic