Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14977

Subject: "White people and me..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Sekhmet

Mon Jan-24-00 09:33 PM

79. "White people and me..."
In response to In response to 77

<BR>>Have you ever known a white person <BR>>you liked? Have you <BR>>ever even let a white person <BR>>know you or allowed yourself to <BR>>get to know one? <P>I have white people in my family that I love. The professor that taught me about white skinned privelege was a short, lily white woman from Tennessee and I loved her too. I have had white coworkers in my life that I have felt were excellent social workers AND that still don't change the fact that the vast majority of white people in this country, hell in this world, have and continue to possess ignorant, disgusting, savage, unjust, ridiculous and unGODly attitudes toward Black people and other people of color. <P>See yall's problem is that you're taking me for light. I'm not coming at this from some crazed maniacal "hate whitey" joint. Yall are trying to give me the Nat Turner treatment. I have spent an ample amount of time observing people from my own African center and I have concluded that when it's all said and done:<P>1. Black people will have to make the moves that will move us. No people in the world have ever been lifted from Enslavement by some other hand. <P>2. The best interests of white people and the best interests of Black people have often been, and continue to be diametrically opposed.<P>because of this...<P>3. White people cannot raise Black children to be fully actualized human beings with a mind on Black liberation. <P>Have you <BR>>ever known a non-black person you <BR>>liked? I gotta ask where u <BR>>from, cuz i can't understand your <BR>>racism.. yes, racism. you know you're <BR>>a racist, right? <P>Of course I'm NOT a racist. I cannot effect the well being of any person. I cannot deny them priviliges, I cannot deny them housing, I cannot deny them a job, I cannot deny them the Super Bowl (yall saw how those Black men were robbed I'm sure). I do not have the power that racism requires. At the very most you could say that I am prejudiced. I prefer to say that I am smart. The prey doesn't go playing with the predator. That predator is going to have to look me in the face and we're gonna have to tussle it out before he takes me down. <P>>huh? you're trippin! what's that <BR>>supposed to mean? i have <BR>>slave and slave master blood in <BR>>me, there's a damn good chance <BR>>you do too. <P>Indeed I do have slave master blood. Care to run down exactly how it got there. It's considered a felony now, but for centuries, white men were allowed to run up in any one they saw whether it was consented to or not. Then there are the white folks in my family that Black folks invited in. Care to talk about weak minded Black men who thought white was right... I'd rather not. It's a bit too painful. <P> That's some <BR>>fucked up shit, tryin to say <BR>>that mixed people are psycho-killers. <BR>>Your ancestors are dead (and some <BR>>of them might be dead and <BR>>WHITE), they don't give a damn <BR>>what you forget, get off the <BR>>superstitious ish. <P>Superstition = a white man's word to describe any of the cultural traits that do not meet up with their anglo-saxon ways. And I'm supposed to be the racist...<P>> Also get off the racist stereotypes. <BR>> You didn't like it when <BR>>someone said "Black women are too <BR>>(insert undesirable characteristic)" so don't say <BR>>shit like <BR>>> Stop playing, yall are playing, white >people don't want to know Black people for real, >they just want admirers and people that >legitimize and validate them...<P>Yall do. Everyone wants to be around people who legitimize them. You all just have the means to ensure that better than everybody else on the planet, and sometimes you're vindictive and mean about how you extract it. <P>As soon as Black people talk about >Enslavement, or Jim Crow, or the lynchings, or >the police brutality, white people shut all the >way up or they belittle it like it was some >little misunderstanding. <P>>This is true for a lot of <BR>>white people but not all, and <BR>>you know it. <P>Then for those that claim they are for us Black people, I have one request...<P>Stop teaching your children that they are good because of the color of their skin. Teach them they are good because they are God's. Stop allowing little white children to continue to be ignorant bastards that continue to promulgate the most insidious and destructive activity of human history namely white supremacy. Teach them that sometimes they are right and sometimes they are not and that they are entitled to precisely what every one else is entitled to, no more and no less. When I see groups of white people acting like that in accordance to that, I will embrace them as my brothers and sisters. <P>I know that a few are working in these ways already, but I'll issue you a challenge. My friend, who is a professor of Race issues this to every class he's ever taught. He's been teaching for 11 years, 22 semesters, and he offers an A to anyone who can produce this. No one has yet. Tell me the name of one organized group of white people with the word "white" in the name that is organized for anything other than terroristic acts and destruction. <P>It just <BR>>seems a much simpler solution for <BR>>you that all whites must be <BR>>evil. Grow up. There <BR>>are a lot of white people <BR>>who denounce everything terrible that whites <BR>>have done in the past AND <BR>>present and want to understand you. <P>Like who? And do they do it to other whites? I've noticed a truckload of whites who denounce racism when they are in the company of Blacks, but I often wonder if they denounce it to other whites when we aren't around. Do they actively try to undo what has been done by their forefathers? Do they make efforts to right injustices by sharing power and wealth? I'm not being facetious either. I'm really interested if you know whites like these. I've only known 2 in my life and I love them. They are my sisters, but cats that talk a good game and front like a mug when I ain't around don't gets love like that. <P>>If you disagree with the fact that <BR>>there's dope white folks, or you <BR>>just simply want nothing to do <BR>>with them, YOU ARE A <BR>>RACIST. <P>I know that there are dope white folks, but that's the vast minority. It's sort of like saying, oh there are plenty of Black astronauts, look at Dr. Mae Jemison. Come on now, that just ain't so. There are a couple of Black astronauts, just as there are a couple of dope white folks, but I'm willing to be wrong. If you have some new info, I'd be glad to consider it. <P>>and if you still haven't got it <BR>>through your head that the white <BR>>people who date blacks are not <BR>>the same ones who whipped slaves <BR>>or sprayed firehoses at protestors, then <BR>>you're a poor poor lost soul, <BR>>and i hope you can change. <P>And again, I suppose it's the white in you that won't let you realize that for once, this is not solely about you. I take issue with the Black men that are with white women more so than the white girl. Reason being, I believe that Black men are the most beautiful and desirable men on the planet so I don't blame all the women of the world for digging them. I take issue with Black men who abandon their Black family in the pursuit of a dream that was created a long time ago by people who mean us no good. <P>In my opinion, Black men that go for white women have fallen for the okey doke. And by that I don't mean that white women are skanky. I think that white women have a beauty about them that is theirs. I think that Black women have a beauty about them that is ours, but unfortunately, we fall for the okey doke too with that white standards of beauty thing again. <P>I love Black people and I think that we are the most beautiful people on the planet which I believe is infinitely appropriate for a Black person to feel this way. I do not feel that is appropriate for us to feel that way about another race most especially the white one because historically, the white race has abused us. That type of love and devotion is not healthy for an individual in an abuse situation and it certainly is not appropriate for an entire people in an abusive situation. <P>><BR>>Have you ever known someone who you <BR>>liked, but you didn't like their <BR>>parents? Think about white folks <BR>>that way. I'm not like <BR>>my dad. he's not like <BR>>his parents. so don't hate <BR>>me cuz i'm 1/2 white <P>I don't hate you because your half white; I'm just more suspicious of you than I would be of Black folks because you're half white because white people have set a historical precedent that infers that your best interest is not mine. Because of that, I don't trust a whole heck of a lot of white people because they have never given me much reason to do so. Your use of the word hate is inflamatory to say the least. Deal with what I am writing and don't try to assign such emotionally laden terms to what I am saying. That's aggravating. <P>As I have said befor and I'll reiterate it now, I love all people which is why I'm not gonna let cats just sit around and be wack. I want for white people to ascend spiritually and it ain't gonna happen so long as Blacks and Browns and Reds and even other Whites sit around and act like the last 400 years was all good. True reconciliation must start with the truth, all truths, not just the truth of the victors. I humbly (and sometimes not so humbly) offer my truth. <P>

Printer-friendly copy

interacial (love)? story [View all] , honeydrop, Sun Jan-16-00 12:17 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i fully realize that everone is entitled to their opinion.....but.....
Jan 16th 2000
for real quest
Amenhotep
Jan 16th 2000
      See y'all are about to make me sick
Jan 17th 2000
      sister nay
Jan 17th 2000
           pressed the send button too early....
Jan 17th 2000
                the post was mostly for Amen &amp; anyone who
Jan 19th 2000
      I won't call you an IDIOT, but......
Jan 17th 2000
           True Indeed
honeydrop
Jan 17th 2000
           what is this?
Jan 25th 2000
That is the most ignorant shit I have ever heard
Jan 16th 2000
i would love to let this post die, but
clove
Jan 16th 2000
hold up
Amenhotep
Jan 16th 2000
People are...
DJChe
Jan 17th 2000
ummmm...
Jan 17th 2000
Please Y'all..
Jan 16th 2000
if it didnt make sense
clove
Jan 16th 2000
since i started y'all on a path...
honeydrop
Jan 16th 2000
Ma...it is a lost cause
Jan 17th 2000
      interracial love?
xlstacylx
Jan 17th 2000
      GIRL PLEASE
honeydrop
Jan 17th 2000
      u got a job?
xlstacylx
Jan 18th 2000
           Guess what ....
Jan 19th 2000
      oh please
Jan 19th 2000
      did i say...?
xlstacylx
Jan 19th 2000
      Are you God's gift to black men?
Jan 19th 2000
      what the---
Jan 17th 2000
      EXACTLY...
Jan 17th 2000
           I have seen the light!!!!!!!!
honeydrop
Jan 17th 2000
one and only
Bababooey
Jan 17th 2000
Second reply
Jan 17th 2000
Like a victim that loves her molester
Jan 17th 2000
the jews
Jan 17th 2000
True
DJChe
Jan 17th 2000
Sad, sad, sad...
Sekhmet
Jan 17th 2000
I just have a question?
Jan 17th 2000
I can try...
DJChe
Jan 17th 2000
      The Falashas (&quot;Black Jews&quot;)
Jan 20th 2000
      thank you bon...
Jan 20th 2000
      What we are
DJChe
Jan 21st 2000
      RE: I can try...
OneLoveOneFear
Aug 25th 2001
question(s) :
Jan 18th 2000
Second Try
Jan 21st 2000
love is love
Sani
Jan 17th 2000
my small 2 cents
Jan 18th 2000
I'm about this close to being in an interacial relationship
box
Jan 18th 2000
Know what's funny?
Jan 18th 2000
If the world was like us
BigP3rm
Jan 19th 2000
Don't give it away
Sekhmet
Jan 19th 2000
      Thanks for coming thoughtful instead of rough
box
Jan 19th 2000
           Thinking community instead of individually
Jan 20th 2000
           wow nahymsa
Jan 20th 2000
           Eureka! The answer to the race question...
Sekhmet
Jan 20th 2000
           I'm out for understanding
box
Jan 20th 2000
           To Box
honeydrop
Jan 21st 2000
                honeydrop...
box
Jan 21st 2000
                     Box has made me think, not change my mind but think
honeydrop
Jan 21st 2000
                          wow
Jan 24th 2000
           an ironic twist...
Jan 21st 2000
                How does that affect colorism? This is partly a complexion issue
Jan 21st 2000
                That is so damn interesting cuz I was just...
honeydrop
Jan 21st 2000
           do what comes natural
Jan 20th 2000
                My views on this subject
Jan 20th 2000
                     faulty logic &amp; double standards
Jan 21st 2000
                          Re:Nahmysa
Jan 21st 2000
                          dammit
Feb 01st 2000
                          calling out nahymsa, and honeydrop
Jan 21st 2000
                               calling you back
Jan 24th 2000
                                    gaining understanding
Jan 24th 2000
                                    Lovin' sum answers
box
Jan 24th 2000
this post...
Jan 21st 2000
Re:Heaven 7
Jan 21st 2000
no, i never said that
Jan 22nd 2000
what...
Jan 22nd 2000
The Absolute Failure of American Schooling...
Sekhmet
Jan 21st 2000
      Sekhmet
Jan 21st 2000
      Thanks for the acknowledgement but...
Sekhmet
Jan 22nd 2000
           THE EFFIN BOTTOM LINE!
Jan 22nd 2000
                I agree
t3chnics
Jan 22nd 2000
      have you ever known a white person you liked?
Jan 24th 2000

just another damn reply
Jan 25th 2000
                     This post is not going to be 150 million words
Sekhmet
Jan 28th 2000
Difference between acting...
Jan 22nd 2000
LEARN FROM NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nature
Jan 22nd 2000
man FUCK THIS
Jan 30th 2000
and another thing...
Jan 30th 2000
      word up
novelty
Jan 31st 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14977 Previous topic | Next topic