Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27591

Subject: "Can't find my liner notes" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Nesta
Charter member
7130 posts
Tue Feb-01-00 06:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Can't find my liner notes"
In response to In response to 2

I read those notes several tiome s and I too read it the exact opposite from you Spirit. Like my man I thought he was making fun of masculinityn adn amchismo. In fact (damn where are these liner notes?) I thought he was making a staement that to really be a man you have to understand or at least embrace what's feminie in your life.<P>Damn I'll find these notes evenmtually. Time to clean up the home office.<P><BR>“What are the rewards of those who tend to their God-given talents as they would have the creator tend to their spirits and daily lives? What happens when the artist becomes the conjur man? These are questions that seem to be null and void in the face of all the glitter and glamour that has dominated most successful balck artistry of recent years. We seem to be more preoccupied with cultivating our bank accounts than cultivating our crafts. Nowadays, I find my peers more inspired by an artist's business tactics than their artistry. In fact, we do not seem to mind an artistry that suffers in the face of seemingly good business. More artists yearn to own their own labels, etc. than they seem to yearn to master their crafts. No, we cannot allow any more Bessie Smiths to occur, but once an artist owns their own publishing the question then becomes, what are you going to publish?”<P>The VooDoo Manifesto – Saul Williams

"I think Brett Favre basically is a selfish guy, Brett Favre goes out there with his gray hair, his Wranglers and gets up when he gets hit. I understand why people like that. But there's another side. He's a selfish guy." - Teddy Atlas

Printer-friendly copy

Voodoo liner notes (chauvinism?) [View all] , spirit, Tue Feb-01-00 01:57 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
feel ya
elena
Feb 01st 2000
Never that...
Feb 02nd 2000
      So I contradict myself
elena
Feb 03rd 2000
I Saw It The Other Way Around
Quinn
Feb 01st 2000
      Saul is all about...
adamant
Feb 02nd 2000
           That's what I thought!
Feb 02nd 2000
Yeah, I thought the opposite as well
Feb 02nd 2000
I say.....
Feb 03rd 2000
ok naz if u want to put it thatta way
Feb 05th 2000
      LOL.....
Feb 05th 2000
      Dammmmmmnnnnnnn
Tha_Rula
Feb 07th 2000
           yep
Feb 08th 2000
well i hope y'all are right
Feb 04th 2000
anybody notice....
Feb 04th 2000
WORDS.....
SAVIR
Feb 05th 2000
Peace all
Feb 07th 2000
      Well actually.......
Feb 08th 2000
      faith
elena
Feb 08th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27591 Previous topic | Next topic