Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #23191

Subject: "serena_love" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
angieee

Thu Jul-06-00 08:53 AM

6. "serena_love"
In response to In response to 0

Got deleted because of the "hey angieee"...don't fret. Rules thing, because it takes up board space to address one person when you could have e-mailed 'em. You post was still on my hard drive, so I'm posting the answers here, just in case anyone else wants to see them...Thanks so much for the concern. I don't want to make it seem all serious though...there are more pressing issues in the world than the future of this site...I just kinda feel weird bringing so much attention to it...Then again, eff that. we work hard as eff. Here's your answers.

1) OKPs who build websites and are good at it could help out with some stuff so that we really are part of the site!

...That would be GREAT and WORD IS BOND we appreciate all the help we get offered...thing is, it's hard enough managing a tiny in-house office web staff with people whose personalities you know. Imagine managing a group of people from all over the world you've never met. Talk about hard to delegate tasks! Also, if someone messed up, what could we do? Not like we're paying y'all! If something was late or an okayartist was unhappy with something...what would be do "Oh...go see the free help...they fucked up!"

As much as we would like to have a huge tech staff, we also want to do it the right way.

2) We could start a "Keep the okayplayer site up" fund.

I could see the chaos now with y'all demanding asses. "I gave my $2...I want a new front page every month!" Actually, even better than this, y'all could just spread the word of the site and how much you enjoy it. I'm not too worried, though. I see all these sites coming up with MILLIONS of dollars and their shit don't even work or their content sucks. Investors bailing out on 'em. I believe when the dust settles, all these sites that don't know the first thing about the Net will fall and the sturdy lil' mom and pop joints will remain.

3) OKP's could throw functions, parties, stuff like that to raise money for okp.

I don't know about the rest of the staff, but I'd feel like shit taking y'all money. Plus, we're trying to compete with the big boys here. We want to have y'all's music up here right by the okayartists, we want to have so much. but so much doesn't come cheap.

4) Me and SqueeGeeXM could move to philly and donate our services! damnit we wanna be up outta chicago, we're fresh talented web page builders and we wanna work for you!

Y'all tooo sweet!
Donate...yeah, how long would that last?!! Salvation Army Web Builders
Uhm, y'all know Cold Fusion? Feel free to strike my last remark and donate on!

Every little thing is gonna be alright... (c) Bob Marley..

Thanks, girl.

angieee ('stress)

First book, The Broke Diaries, coming March 2001, Random House. $9.95.

Read the updates M-F or you'll miss some good shit. http://www.okayplayer.com/updatef.html

See a post that needs to be removed? E-mail help@okayplayer.com

"Okayplayer is addictive like Ebay" - Danja Mowf

Printer-friendly copy

New Okayartists [View all] , angieee, Thu Jul-06-00 01:03 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
YOU TELL 'EM, GIRL!!
Jul 06th 2000
A matter of time
Jul 06th 2000
RE: New Okayartists
Jul 06th 2000
Jul 06th 2000
      New Okayartists
angieee
Jul 06th 2000
Jul 06th 2000
Jul 06th 2000
my rich uncle
Jul 06th 2000
My personal feelings are
Jul 06th 2000
I had no clue Ang........
Jul 06th 2000
Thanks for the breakdown...
Jul 08th 2000
I was happy....
Jul 08th 2000
no doubt KD
Jul 09th 2000
Ang, please check your email n/m
Jul 10th 2000
RE: Ang, please check your email n/m
Jul 10th 2000

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #23191 Previous topic | Next topic