Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #85081

Subject: "Designers: Is the OK favicon worth putting in my portfolio?" Previous topic | Next topic
sean
Charter member
512 posts
Thu Nov-30-06 10:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Designers: Is the OK favicon worth putting in my portfolio?"

Hey,

Some of you may or may not know that about a year ago, the mods here at okayplayer asked for some help in designing the site's favicon. Well, my entry won, and it's now seen by however many people visit this site on a daily basis.

My question is whether or not my designing of the favicon for okp warrants inclusion in my portfolio? I recognize that the favicon is plainly derivitive of the okayplayer logo, but I thought it was at least a mildly clever implementation of an existing brand. And the sites viewership is fairly large, so my "design" is getting some pretty broad exposure.

So as I'm starting to reconstitute my personal website, I'm curious as to what people think about adding it into my portfolio. I had never thought really to add it, but recognizing this site's far reaching exposure, it's probably the one design I have that has that mass exposure that certain clients might be interested in.

I'm open to all honest arguments here. I won't be offended if you say "it's a fucking 32x32 pixel icon, get over it."

Thanks,
Sean

---------------

I don't really believe in God
But God, I'm scared to death of God?!?
I swear to God, I never meant to spill
the beans
Nor tear the Bible
- Aesop Rock "Big Bang"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Designers: Is the OK favicon worth putting in my portfolio? [View all] , sean, Thu Nov-30-06 10:35 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
wow, they got a shnazzy name for that?
Dec 01st 2006
please don't. it's cool. but it's a black square with a white border...
Dec 01st 2006
RE: please don't. it's cool. but it's a black square with a white border...
Dec 01st 2006
only thing it will do it show that you know how to make a favicon
Dec 01st 2006

Lobby High-Tech topic #85081 Previous topic | Next topic