Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #306378

Subject: "Update - they realized they were losing money on installations..." Previous topic | Next topic
soulfunk
Charter member
11003 posts
Thu Oct-05-23 09:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "Update - they realized they were losing money on installations..."
In response to In response to 0

At some point this year Best Buy changed the Total Tech Membership to a new Total Membership plan that is 179 instead of 199, and no longer includes free installation. I definitely get it - they were literally losing money on all those free Geek Squad installs.

Like I said up above last year - this was a too good to be true deal that I was sure would change soon. I had a new house built last year and I got WAAAAAAAYYYY more than my Money's worth out of them. For $199 I have them install three TVs (including one on a stone fireplace that would have cost $350 by itself), four outdoor cameras and a doorbell camera, security sensors for doors and windows, and a full Sonos home theater setup, and a smart refrigerator. I also recommended it to my parents who got their security system installed for free.

The new membership still includes the additional warranty coverage, and a few other perks, but definitely not worth it compared to everything I got for that $199 over the last year, so I cancelled it instead of renewing.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Best Buy Total Tech membership is worth it, in some cases [View all] , handle, Thu Sep-08-22 12:34 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm regretting not getting it right now
Sep 08th 2022
yeah, you need an extended store warranty on all large appliances
Sep 08th 2022
Yeah - I just got it with a new TV purchase. Would have been
Sep 08th 2022
Yep
Sep 09th 2022
New iPhone purchase - AppleCare included with Total Tech
Sep 23rd 2022
Update - they installed my TV over the weekend.
Sep 26th 2022
None of this really means it's a good deal.
Sep 30th 2022
The OP specifically said “in some cases”…
Sep 30th 2022
      still only makes sense if you cancel immediately after installation
Oct 01st 2022
           Well yeah I’m definitely not paying for additional years.
Oct 01st 2022
           Again, it depends
Oct 03rd 2022
I ended up keeping it, and will next year too
Oct 06th 2023
      Yeah it all depends on what you're using it for.
Oct 06th 2023

Lobby High-Tech topic #306378 Previous topic | Next topic