Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #305861

Subject: "Folding Phones" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Oct-21-21 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Folding Phones"

Does anyone have one? If so, which one and what has your experience with it been like? I am pretty sure my next phone will be a folding one.

I am considering getting the Z Fold 3 but I feel like next year will be much improved so it might be better to keep waiting. My biggest concern with the current one is the lack of certification against dust. I live in a dry and sandy place so it could potentially be an issue. I think it would probably be fine but it definitely gives me pause and makes me want to add a protection plan if I do get it.

I also don't like the lack of expandable storage but that seems to be the default for most phones moving forward.

I think the Z Fold 3 is the closest thing we have to the MS Courier concept. I'm definitely not as excited for it as I was back when prototypes and fan renderings were made of what it could be. It is definitely more attractive than the Surface Duo 2.

I'm thinking in 2022 Samsung will come out with one that will let you use the S Pen on the outside screen and provide a good way to actually carry the S Pen with the phone. Maybe even add dust certification.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Folding Phones [View all] , mista k5, Thu Oct-21-21 11:16 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Folding Phones
Oct 26th 2021
Even with $1000 off to trade in my Note 10+ its $800
Oct 27th 2021
      After my employee discount and his trade in
Oct 28th 2021
personally, i don't see the use in them
Oct 27th 2021
theyre making more sense to me but they are definitely not a need