Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #305457

Subject: "I started out as frontend and the majority of my development experience ..." Previous topic | Next topic
BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 04:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I started out as frontend and the majority of my development experience ..."
In response to In response to 0

but my next role I am looking to get more of a frontend/ backend hybrid role using node.js. I like and am very comfortable with javascript, so if you learn javascript you can definitely find something that pays very well.

I definitely think you should play with different languages and see what suits you more. I do believe backend developer roles tend to pay better than frontend, unless you are using React or Angular or something like that which can come with a very nice salary.

As obsidianchrysalis said, you should definitely check out Coursera or Codecademy or Udemy and do some of their tutorials and see which languages you feel comfortable with and the workflow you would be comfortable being in. Build some apps on your own and see all that goes into building and deploying to the server.

It's pretty hard to be a beginner and just find a language and be good with that, because the field changes so much and new technologies keep coming online (some people hate that). It's a constant learning process, so whichever route you choose more than likely you will start morphing into something else eventually.

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Front door/back door/ both doors which is more lucrative? [View all] , 3CardMolly, Sat Jan-09-21 05:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm not familiar with 'front door' or 'back door'
Jan 10th 2021
based on my experience, solid advice
Jan 11th 2021

Lobby High-Tech topic #305457 Previous topic | Next topic