Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #304398

Subject: "I was a part of their Project Stream beta" Previous topic | Next topic
IkeMoses
Charter member
70875 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 02:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I was a part of their Project Stream beta"
In response to In response to 0

I got to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my 2013 Macbook on my 60 down, 5 up WIFI connection.

It's not my first time messing with streaming. I had OnLive when that was a thing. My experience with Google's joint was not leaps and bounds better than that.

The image quality will typically be much softer than what you get on console, even if the max resolution is higher.

You ever hook a retro console up to an HDTV with component cables? It looks like that. Also, the lag is noticeable.

That said, it's cool to try out single player games this way. I don't trust Google or anybody else to break the laws of physics and make this work better than PCs or consoles for multiplayer tho.

-30-
You know it's drama, but it sound real good.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

STADIA: Google's new streaming video game [View all] , LeroyBumpkin, Tue Mar-19-19 01:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
BUT WHEN WE PLAYING APEX
Mar 19th 2019
I’ma be on! Gotta see what that Octane about.
Mar 19th 2019
      man message me and I'll hop on
Mar 22nd 2019
Interesting
Mar 19th 2019
It’s dope for making a console out of your laptop
Mar 19th 2019
me too and all of this is accurate
Mar 21st 2019
I'm using the Shadow streaming service
Mar 21st 2019
Watched today’s presentation. I’ll pass