Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #303886

Subject: "Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox, PC) " Previous topic | Next topic
bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Thu Sep-13-18 01:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox, PC) "
Thu Sep-13-18 01:51 PM by bearfield

releases on october 2

demo is out: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4-demo/9p8cp1l72jxs?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

played for a few hours last night. it looks fantastic and runs well on my aging gaming pc (i5-6600k + 980ti), maintaining a steady 60 fps at 2560x1440 with max settings. there is something they did to the lighting that makes this game pop visually. i can't quite put my finger on it but i love how this game looks

my main concern about this game was the performance on PC since FH3 was such a mixed bag but it seems like playground games have done a good job of optimizing FH4. the frame rate is solid, menus are crisp, photo mode loads up quickly, the customization menu is snappier, etc. just a lot of little things that seem to add up to a more fluid experience overall

the demo is area-limited but it still seems like a large portion of the map to mess around in. driving still feels amazing, especially with the feedback on the triggers. i think the animated cut scenes are weird. the whole presentation seems to be leaning closer to burnout or at least dj atomika-era EA racing games

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox, PC) [View all] , bearfield, Thu Sep-13-18 01:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I shit all over your jump distance
Sep 14th 2018
you can have it! i hate those things
Sep 15th 2018
Wife bought me the Ultimate Bungle. I played all last night
Sep 28th 2018
were you playing before it finished installing or something?
Oct 03rd 2018
      ha-ha, nah. I played a lot on the night of the 27th
Oct 04th 2018
...and looks great in 4k
Sep 28th 2018
easily the best looking and playing Forza Horizon game
Nov 02nd 2018
I'm now playing this on my PC.... mind blown
Nov 19th 2018

Lobby High-Tech topic #303886 Previous topic | Next topic