Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #267770

Subject: "late pass: Tales of Vesperia (on XBLA)" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Sat Jan-07-12 10:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"late pass: Tales of Vesperia (on XBLA)"

I never fucked w/ the Tales series before this but I copped it on Live since I had 2 weeks to kill before school starts back. If you got $30 and some time to blow you need to play this.

This shit is a motherfucking beast.

The combat system is incredible. It's actually a lot more like a fighting game because you end up with an absolute truckload of moves you can do once you get to the meat of the story. Party AI leaves a little to be desired but its nothing that being a little mindful of your party's HP cant deal with.

The main character Yuri is pretty cool for a JRPG lead. YMMV with the rest of the main party. I like 5/7 of them. Only thing I dont like is that other than Yuri, for much of the game you're rotating party members as they come and go. So don't get too settled on one party.

The story aint winning any awards but its solid. They basically searching for what's basically a stolen moon rock that powers the fountain in Yuri's hometown. You will roll your eyes at how corny the main party gets at times though. It's excellently paced so you'll (or at least I) never feel like it was a chore and once the story opened up I never felt like putting it down.

It has towns!!! I never realized how towns were there for pacing purposes until FF13 didnt have them lol. And there's actually a lot of useful and interesting shit in them. Lots of sidequests too, but you'll miss a lot of them w/o an FAQ so I'd recommend saving those until the second playthrough (New Game+ ftw)

The world is pretty big and beautiful and it really shines once you get some real transportation (boat or airship).

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

late pass: Tales of Vesperia (on XBLA) [View all] , BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jan-07-12 10:08 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Most of the Tales games are fantastic.
Jan 08th 2012
this shit got me looking at FF13 sideways.
Jan 08th 2012
      FFXIII taught me that turn-based RPG's aren't for me.
Jan 09th 2012
           That's like starting your FPS career with Brink.
Jan 09th 2012
           i wouldnt recommend it to anyone
Jan 09th 2012
           Lol, that's a terrible sample size to make any kind of judgement
Jan 10th 2012
It's like you foretold the future (swipe)
Jan 09th 2012
They need to move away from the FF13 universe
Jan 09th 2012
i actively root for their MMOs to be collossal failures.
Jan 09th 2012
take those numbers with a grain
Jan 14th 2012
yeah, I played Tales of Symphonia, combo chasing got addictive
Jan 09th 2012
Tales of Symphonia is a great game as well....I'm right near the end
Jan 10th 2012
I thought it was terrible
Jan 13th 2012

Lobby High-Tech topic #267770 Previous topic | Next topic