Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #235546

Subject: "My web design people: recommend some good books " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44861 posts
Sat Jun-12-10 11:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My web design people: recommend some good books "
Sat Jun-12-10 11:31 PM by Cold Truth

i'm getting ready to launch my website. i will be purchasing a script that has all of the basic features i'm looking for, and while that's good and well, it's intended to be a starting point. i'll have source code to do what i please with so that will not be an issue. \

i've been browsing the W3Schools site, which is great, but i'd like to get my hands on an actual book because, well, i personally prefer an actual book. i guess i'm old fashioned like that, lol. plus it's far more convenient as i have pretty long days at work and ample break time for pouring through books, so it helps to stay productive even when i'm away from a computer.

soooooo are they any books out there that give you in depth tutelage in all the major design formats? html, css, javascript, php, sql, etc? i've seen a few that encompass a couple but nothing that runs the gamut of all of these.

also, i'll have a "what you see is what you get" editor with my software purchase, and i'm wondering if there is any need for an external editor, such as dreamweaver.

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My web design people: recommend some good books [View all] , Cold Truth, Sat Jun-12-10 11:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Html, Php, some Javascript and Ajax, and MySQL for Database
Jun 13th 2010
hire someone
Jun 13th 2010
no, with good reason.
Jun 13th 2010

Lobby High-Tech topic #235546 Previous topic | Next topic