Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #219332

Subject: "Facebook issue: can't post, follow links, etc." Previous topic | Next topic
Backbone
Charter member
8448 posts
Wed Jan-20-10 04:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Facebook issue: can't post, follow links, etc."
Wed Jan-20-10 05:30 PM by Backbone

I've tried googling, but couldn't find anything that addressed this effectively. Hopefully someone here knows about this.

Here goes: I can log in to Facebook, and see most things on it. My wall, other people's profiles and their pictures all show up like normal. Same goes for comment threads, except when I try to access them from the notification mail (probably the same cause).
I can not post messages, either on my own wall or as a comment on other people's items. After clicking the submit/send button, it hangs for a while before giving that stupid generic Facebook error message (oops, something went wrong, we're fixing it. Right) I also can't follow external links posted (youtube, etc.), and if I try, my browser gives me this error message:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The kicker is that I'm also unable to view the help section of Facebook, it gives me the same error. I can't even log out at the moment (except by deleting my cookies).

It's not always like this, and I don't know what triggers it. Clearing my cache & cookies doesn't help, neither does using another browser (I'm on the latest FF, with Vista 64bit). Restarting doesn't work either.

In the short time that I was able to use Facebook properly today, I got distracted before I thought of accessing their help section. I know, stupid.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

edit: seems to have been (temporarily?) fixed by resetting my router.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Facebook issue: can't post, follow links, etc. [View all] , Backbone, Wed Jan-20-10 04:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Something's gotta be wrong with the new firefox.
Jan 21st 2010
I switched to google chrome week 12 of the NFL season
Jan 21st 2010

Lobby High-Tech topic #219332 Previous topic | Next topic