Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #211868

Subject: "anybody experienced in transferring their iTunes library to a new HD?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jay Doz
Member since Dec 13th 2005
8663 posts
Sun Nov-08-09 09:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"anybody experienced in transferring their iTunes library to a new HD?"

In particular, I plan on reformatting and doing a clean install of Windows 7 this weekend. I have a 1.5 TB internal on the way, so I plan on moving my iTunes .mp3 library onto the new internal as somewhat of a dedicated drive to my library.

That's the easy part.

The problem is that the LAST time I did this, I ended up somehow losing all of my playlists and iTunes-generated album artwork. I assume it has something to do with the several different iTunes Library and .itc files that are all over the place in my iTunes music folder. But I guess when I changed over the last time, I somehow caused it to irreparably unsynch the playlist and album artwork files from the music files they were supposed to be associated with.

I kinda want to avoid that this time.

Any tips? I've been able to find tips on moving the files to another drive, but those tips seem to assume I'm not reformatting the harddrive, so that iTunes Music Folder would be, temporarily at least, kaput until I reinstall Windows and iTunes.

-------
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have." - TR

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

anybody experienced in transferring their iTunes library to a new HD? [View all] , Jay Doz, Sun Nov-08-09 09:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
iLounge
Nov 08th 2009
thank you *crosses fingers*
Nov 11th 2009

Lobby High-Tech topic #211868 Previous topic | Next topic