Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #130060

Subject: "I'm having internet issues, HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
msclman99
Charter member
1951 posts
Sat Dec-15-07 03:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm having internet issues, HELP!"

So last tuesday my internet was working fine and I went to eat diner, came back and the shit wasn't working. After reseting the modem a couple of times, it started working again. 10 minutes later, nothing. I've been going back and forth all week long reseting the modem and using the internet. Sometimes it works for 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. I borrowed a laptop from somebody and only had one issue earlier this morning. I'm using a cable modem, plugged in directly because I thought it might be my router at first. Then I disabled my firewall and antivirus, no luck. Right now the laptop is obviously working, but if I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into my computer it won't get a "Network address." I called Comcast before I tried using this laptop and they said it sounded like something was wrong with the line or the modem. Could be, but this laptop is working?!?! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

And I don't think downloading more RAM is going to help this problem, but thanks anyways.

--------------------------------Sig----------------------------------
"I told Chuck D that his mouth was his Uzi and his words of truth were his bullets." - Russell Simmons - An Open Letter to the Recording Industry

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby High-Tech topic #130060 Previous topic | Next topic