Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNBA ROY?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2801625
2801625, NBA ROY?
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Vic has better stats and is tied for the league in blocks but his team has the worst record in the West.

Chet's stats aren't that far off and his team has the 2nd best record in the West.

Poll question: NBA ROY?

Poll result (6 votes)
Vic (2 votes)Vote
Chet (4 votes)Vote
Somebody else? Post it below (0 votes)Vote

2801627, Wemby’s team is putrid.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-22-23 06:20 PM
Chet’s got an MVP candidate and a very well built team.

Chet’s been outstanding but it’s clear Wembys another level IMO.
2801628, Wemby's team is GARBAGE and because it's full of a bunch of...
Posted by PROMO, Fri Dec-22-23 06:50 PM
garbage young dudes trying to keep their place in the league, they will freeze him out at times and he's still putting up good numbers (that are generally better than Chet's).

I'm not even sure why Pop lets this happen but I assume he knows Wemby gonna be great and he's trying to see who he'll allow to stick around in the future?

If he was on OKC, a good team with leadership? He'd probably be putting up Top 20 player in the NBA numbers.

2801645, I think the Spurs are intentionally tanking to get another top pick next year...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Dec-23-23 10:58 AM
year then try to fill out the roster
2801632, I'd take the second best player on the second best team...
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Dec-22-23 09:50 PM
... over the best player on the worst team. Like, the Spurs are worse this season than last. I've no doubt Vic is that dude, but Chet's stats are *really* close to Vic's and he's very clearly contributing to winning. I give the nod to Chet.
2801642, I'm obviously WILD biased...
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Dec-23-23 09:40 AM
but, Chet shouldn't get penalized, IMO for playing with Shai. Shai was this guy last year and we weren't #2 in the Western Conference. Like you said, Chet is directly contributing to the winning. He's not just along for the ride. The numbers are not that crazy different, either. They each got the ups in certain categories. It just feels like Wemby will win on some manifest destiny shit. Like...people feel like he gotta win, because he just gotta. Again...WILD BIASED...but, just my opinion.

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?player_id2=wembavi01&player_id1=holmgch01&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=bbr&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=holmgch01