Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI do, yes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2791287&mesg_id=2791648
2791648, I do, yes.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat May-20-23 05:44 PM
(Lol at Minneapolis tho)

Honestly, most of this is anecdotal - but I felt like you couldn’t escape Heat fans in like 06 and then 2011-2014. A friend is from Miami and she was a crazy Heat fan until LeBron left and then it felt like she didn’t give a shit (even when they made the finals!). The online presence seems wildly smaller too. It’s just kind of an observation - not in the way of empty seats for home games (I think that was a bit overblown).

It’s probably MOSTLY due to this place being a fraction of what it was even in the Heatles days, but I can’t call it. You’d definitely see waaaaaaaaay more Wade/Bron and perhaps even Bosh jerseys out in the world than I’ve personally seen of Jimmy jersets. It’s just strange. You’d think it being a major city and the team success would at least come across more out in the world, but that hasn’t been what I’ve seen. Hell, just today while out and about in Pasadena I saw Suns, Clippers, Lakers, and Sixers gear but no Miami…which is kinda unusual during the playoffs because so many people here are transplants, so all the team support usually comes out in the summer.

I could be off base, but it’s just strange is all