Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDid NY play better defense? Yes. But, much of LV's issues were self-made
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2791187&mesg_id=2798174
2798174, Did NY play better defense? Yes. But, much of LV's issues were self-made
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Oct-15-23 07:37 PM
The game that NY played today is what we all likely expected would happen in Games 1 & 2.

But, I still think the poor performance of the Aces was because of either nerves or a lack of focus.

Early on, Vegas had a lot of uncharacteristic unforced turnovers which struck me as odd given that they've played pressure-packed games all year.

There did seem to be an electricity in that building before tip off that was palpable through the TV screen. Then again, it was the first Finals game in a long time in NY. Their fans had so much pent up excitement and enthusiasm.

The Liberty were nervous too, but props to JJ for righting the ship and playing really well by hitting those two threes and just being a rock.

As far as Game 4, I think seeing Stewie play with a lot of passion and force towards the end of Game 3 is a good sign for the Liberty. If Sabrina and JJ also play well, they've got a shot to at least get back to Vegas.

As far as Gray, I sincerely hope she's able to come back. But, I could see the Aces pulling a game of the ages out of Wilson and a couple of role players playing over their head to get the championship for the Aces.