Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject23 WNBA Season Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2791187&mesg_id=2791187
2791187, 23 WNBA Season Post
Posted by Dstl1, Wed May-17-23 03:55 PM
What's good, folks? Figured I'd throw up a season joint for the 4 of us to talk shit in. Season opener coming up. What's that, Youtube TV? WNBA Season Pass...24.98 for the whole season? That's a light lunch for me at Outback...I'll take two! So...I'm gonna go through and give a quick lil spit on each team. OFf the top, nothing super in-depth. Just a primer.

Eastern Conference:
Atlanta Dream: Protect Renee Montgomery at all costs. She has been super positive for that team and the league in general. Things are turning around. Three top 15 picks in this year's draft are signed.

Chicago Sky: James Wade looking around like the Fresh Prince 'how come he don't want me?' meme. Ace, Quigs, Sloot gone. Kahleah is in full control.

Connecticut Sun: JJ gone, Curt Miller jetted to LA. They were so good...just kept running into Vegas. They got a good core remaining, though. Dewanna and Alyssa gotta step up.

Indiana Fever: Well, you got Ms. Boston...that's a start. Gonna be lean times, though.

NY Liberty: Yall know how I feel about Jonquel Jones, so I'll try not to gush. That would be a HUGE get, anywhere, anytime...but adding Stewie AND CVS (I just made that up) is overkill. I don't see how this team doesn't win 25-30 games.

Washington Mystics: EDD says this is the strongest she's been in a long time. She had a moment in the playoffs where she had it all going. She's 33, but she's got a lot of hoops left if her body holds up.

Western Conference:
Dallas Wings: Arike gets some help with Natash Howard coming in. Gonna be a long season, though. Diamond DeShileds and Lou Lopez Senechal set to miss major time with knee injuries.

Las Vegas Aces: Breaking: Really good team adds really good players. Candace Parker and Alysha Clark come into a LOADED locker room. The Dearica stuff is a bummer. For her part, Becky says she in no way ever bullied Dearica while she was pregnant. Neither her suspension nor the 2025 draft pick loss will affect them on the court.

Los Angeles Sparks: Curt Miller left the Sun, where it seemed he just couldn't get over the hump, to go back to the first WNBA org he ever worked for. He says he is a team builder. He damn well better be. Nneka, Chiney, the aforementioned Hamby and Katie Lou Samuelson give him a decent start.

Minnesota Lynx: Sylvia gone. SALUTE! Napheesa back for a full season and Diamond Miller was drafted #2 out of Maryland. Gonna be some lean times in Minny.

Phoenix Mercury: BRITT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparantly DT been working her ass off and is in amazing condition. Cool. No Skylar as she will be out indefinitely with the birth of her 2nd child. Mercury are guard heavy, though. A lot of meat on the bone, there.

Seattle Storm: It's a new day, breh! (c)Tupac in Above the Rim
Sue gone. Stewie gone. I do love, love, love the Ezi Mags and Kia Nurse signings. Kia was a dawg before she tore her ACL and missed an entire season.