Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectScoot is a top 10 prospect of the last decade. Closer to top 6.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2790938&mesg_id=2791230
2791230, Scoot is a top 10 prospect of the last decade. Closer to top 6.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed May-17-23 10:33 PM
In the last five drafts, he probably goes #1 overall in four of them.

He's a beastly prospect. He tore through the G-League as a JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL. There's nothing he can't do, really. I'm a huge, huge fan.

I even said a year or two ago that I didn't think taking Wemby over Scoot is a given. I understand now that it is, because even if you have concerns about Wemby's height/health/etc, you just *have* to take him there... but that said, if Scoot ended up having a better career than Wemby? Like... I wouldn't be absolutely stunned by that.

And to the comments below about Smart and Westbrook... he's a better prospect at age 18-19 than either of them were. Like, Russ did 13/4/4 in his sophomore year of college. Scoot did 17/5/7 against vastly tougher competition as a *senior in high school.* There's just no comparison in terms of how they are as prospects imo.

He's also just an absolute son of a bitch. Competitive as shit. Like... if Charlotte takes him, and Melo tries to float off ball and on defense like he tends to do? Scoot's gonna get in his fucking ass. I'd take Scoot over Melo without hesitation.