Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI got my ass kicked by UFC Champion Daniel Cormier
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2789914&mesg_id=2790107
2790107, I got my ass kicked by UFC Champion Daniel Cormier
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu May-11-23 07:53 AM
in 2010 I was on an MTV reality show called "Bully Beatdown"...the premise of the show is kids who are getting bullied hire a pro MMA fighter to beat up their bully

I knew a guy who was in casting at MTV and he asked me to audition. I pretended to be a total prick, and brought two buddies to act like weak little victims. Every story we told in the audition and later on the show was fake.

Fast forward a month and I'm in a warehouse in Salt Lake Utah gearing up for my mma "debut". The "fight" was in Utah because, at least at the time, Utah was the only state where an amateur could fight a professional.

I didn't see the arena or my opponent , I was just kept in a trailer and then brought into a huge dark warehouse. I waited a really long time in the dark and then I was told it was go time and a giant airplane hangar like door opened and there was an arena of people screaming and cussing at me. That's when the nerves set in, when I walked out and realized that these people thought I was really a bully.

When they brought Cormier out there was a ton of smoke and lights, and he was announced as a Strikeforce heavyweight and two-time Olympian. He hadn't even made it to the UFC yet. I was nervous but not scared because literally -everything- we had filmed for the show prior to this point was bogus. At several points in shooting I was even fed lines to say.

But the fight was way real.

I wrestled in high school and college, but I hadn't ever been 1) so nervous in my life or 2) against someone this accomplished. The "fight" went for two rounds - the first was wrestling and grappling and the second was striking. Right away Cormier gets his hands on me, heaves me over his shoulder and parades around the cage, slams me hard as FUCK, and puts his hands on my neck for a push choke. When I realized that this was real I was just terrified , like I'd had a gun pulled on me. I couldn't think or move.

The second round starts and Cormier jabbed me in the face and he probably thought he was barely touching me but he touched me alright. The end came when he kicked me in the stomach...it really felt like Sammy Sosa swung a bat across my mid-section. I was fat then too , when I got back to the hotel I noticed I had a red print of two toe outlines on my side.

I was paid $1,000 and was supposed to get another $1,000 if my episode aired in the season but they never aired it. The explanation I got from the handler guy who babysat me in Utah was the bully stories came off too mean in editing (one of the stories I told was that I pissed on one my "victims" while he was asleep). I was sent a DVD of the show a year later and I watched it for the first time with my Dad...when it was over he said "you should be glad that didn't air on TV" and he was right, I came off like a total fucking redneck dickhead. It was totally bogus but a TV audience may not have known that, ya know?

Anyway, I know this comes off insane. Apparently my episode was in rotation in South America but only played once as part of a Bully Beatdown marathon on MTV2. That's fine with me.

Cormier would go on to be one of the best UFC fighters ever and a major fixture in the sport after retirement, so he's made my story more important with the passage of time.

I saw Cormier at a UFC fight years later and he let me on the floor and we even took a picture together that he put on his Insta. Here's the post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQjWzHDgkXb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

so there's my story. I was royally fucked up by a UFC hall of famer as part of a ridiculous MTV reality show.