Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectrooting for the Lakers obv. but not just because LeBron
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2788663&mesg_id=2789066
2789066, rooting for the Lakers obv. but not just because LeBron
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed May-03-23 07:40 PM
yes, for long time OKSports people this is a 180. didn't like him playing in Miami.

after 2016 he can do what he wants because jabronis went Game Genie to deny him.

I have my deep, deep criticism of dude including going to the LAKERS

but the Lakers know what their bread and butter is: elite player, elite BIG player

through my lifetime:

Magic x Kareem
Kobe x Shaq
Kobe x Pau (he ain't Shaq but he was very very good)
LeBron x AD

surround those guys with real talent. they win titles

the Warriors became "The Team In The Way" and that drives the hate
for Steph as much as Braymond at this point

there is no answer for AD.
Vando and Dennis (apology given) are a problem.

I expect the Warriors to ease off that 3-point shooting and leverage Poo-ney, Donkey, and Steph inside more with some zone defense that forces the Lakers to actually shoot

but AD fucks them up in ways that they can't counter. He ain't prime Shaq. But in today's NBA, he is DIFFERENT

Warriors had a 3-point game to DIE for, went 14-0 with ref help and still lost with LeBron turning in a "washed king" performance

this supporting cast the best LeBron support in a minute on both sides of the ball

this is a philosophical battle.

my hate for Steph is solidified but his greatness has affected the league in the most pernicious ways. even on their own team (hello Shaqtin A. Poole)

the Kangz came close (I think Mike Brown sold in game 7 with all that Huerter and Sabonis BS)

but the Lakers are different man.

Pelinka committed highway robbery, I hate that they keep getting away with this BS

but it's jihad.

Binky, PBS Logo, Donkeylips gotta hold these Ls